X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD... sort of

This is MY Charvel...

New Warmoth pickgaurd

One new SPDT switch on each pick up for coil tapping. That gives me what? Like 8 different pickup configuations.

The difference is huge on clean settings. Very strat like on the single coil setting. The diffeence is much more subtle on higher gain settings.

The whole transformation cost me about $50.00 USD The guard was standard stratocaster 11 hole with fat humbucker cut outs, floyd bridge and No controls. I did my own. I did file down the neck pocket on the new pickguard and everything else fit like a charm.

Here we go...

Rock on!
    Last edited by MonteChristo; 06-27-2009, 08:32 PM.

I liked the black better - but as long as your happy.

Also - your pics are all lined up horizontal - edit that and hit enter between pics so they're one after the other.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

Also - your pics are all lined up horizontal - edit that and hit enter between pics so they're one after the other.
      Based on your previous posts I would expect you to like the black better... That my friend is what makes the world go round. Thanks for the heads up on the pics. On my monitor they are on top of each other (24" monitor) I'll fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

Ok I think I have the pic thing fixed. Again I can't tell on my monitor. Can you or someone let me know if they are stacked one on top of the other as they should be and not side by side?

Thnx

Comment

Originally posted by MonteChristo View Post
          Based on your previous posts I would expect you to like the black better... That my friend is what makes the world go round. Thanks for the heads up on the pics. On my monitor they are on top of each other (24" monitor) I'll fix it.
          Nice fix.

Agreed - I know not everyone likes my mods either.
          Blank yo!

Comment

Looks killer- way better.

Comment

looks cool!
              Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
              Sully Guitars on Facebook
              Sully Guitars on Google+
              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Very nice job! The shot of the pickup cavities is making me regret choosing an SD1 over a Socal.

So, given there is only one pot for converting to push/pull, is there any way of coil splitting both pickups separately on an SD1 without drilling in to the body.

Also, does coil splitting affect the tone of the original humbucker when it's switched to be 'unsplit' mode? It's just that I seem to remember reading on the Charvel website that the reason these guitars don't have tone pots is because these adversely affect the humbucker tone.

Alan

Comment

Totally sweet! Nice job.

Comment

I love it
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

love it mod'd. i was almost surprised to see the hsh rout for those models. at least the option is there if people want to go that route.
                      "... guitarists shouldn't get too riled up about all of the great players that were left off of 'Rolling Stone Magazines' list of the Greatest Guitar Players of all Time' ... Rolling Stone is published for people who read the magazine because they don't know what to wear ..." - Joe (Sach) Satriani

Comment

Originally posted by alanhindle View Post
                        Very nice job! The shot of the pickup cavities is making me regret choosing an SD1 over a Socal.

So, given there is only one pot for converting to push/pull, is there any way of coil splitting both pickups separately on an SD1 without drilling in to the body.

Also, does coil splitting affect the tone of the original humbucker when it's switched to be 'unsplit' mode? It's just that I seem to remember reading on the Charvel website that the reason these guitars don't have tone pots is because these adversely affect the humbucker tone.

Alan
                        How about those Duncan pickup ring switches... check out the review Newc did of them. Short of drilling a couple holes - they might be the only way to do it. Maybe one of those PRS pot switches - you know where you rotate it?
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I definitely dig that. I would go all chrome with the orange and white but that could cost a bit. Still looks great though.
                          "Dear Dr. Bill,
                          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                          X