How are these selling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are these selling?

Anyone have any anecdotal evidence as to how these production models are selling? I notice on ebay that there are not as many as the were just before the 4th batch came out. Economy? sure, but there are not many used ones for sale either.

I don't have any local stores that carry them so I can't see them move to and from the racks like some of you might be able to. So, any stories?

If it's any indication they only show 2 of the limited colors sold out. They are selling enough of them to keep putting out the new colors. The sales of these seem to be alot better then the 2005 pointies.

Comment

IIRC, there was a mandate issued a while back that dealers can't list them new on Ebay anymore.

If you're not seeing many used on Ebay, that means retention is good. Retention is as important as initial sales IMO.

The Style 2 doesn't seem to be as popular as the Style 1 or SoCal - some claim it needs a Telehead, others would say it's the bridge, or pickups, or name.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I swear I kept seeing the same ones on the wall at Manny's in NYC - excluding the white SD1 which probably never made it out of the box. The same candy this and pagan that were on the wall for months.

With Manny's gone now, I'll have to track how they move at Sam Ash - I know Sam Ash gtes A LOT more foot traffic than Manny's - especially towards the end.
        -------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

If you saw my Back in the saddle post I said I sold the first one I bought and then recently bought another. UPS should have it here by the 17 of June. I'm just hoping they stay in production long enough for me to buy a couple more at reasonable prices and in reasonable condition. If they go out of production Prices could go up.

On a side note the guy I sold the first one to now has it up for sale on craigs list here locally. Now I just need to find a quick $800 to get it back.

Comment

FMIC bases their sales on if the dealers buy them all not the end consumer. The Grover legacys list as sold out but many have been hanging at dealers racks for a long time.

IMO these productions strats seam to sell very well unlike the 05 pointies.

Comment

The '05 pointies sell well enough at $600.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                I swear I kept seeing the same ones on the wall at Manny's in NYC - excluding the white SD1 which probably never made it out of the box. The same candy this and pagan that were on the wall for months.
                +1...My local dealer told me a month ago he would not order a Polar White 1C for me until he moved the six he has hanging on his walls. Too bad for him he forgot about a thing called the internet.

So much for trying to patronize local businesses.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                  FMIC bases their sales on if the dealers buy them all not the end consumer. The Grover legacys list as sold out but many have been hanging at dealers racks for a long time.

IMO these productions strats seam to sell very well unlike the 05 pointies.
                  Exactly. All manufacturers do that, because it's the only number that can really be tracked. Actual retail sales numbers from each dealer may or may not be reported back to the manufacturer. I'd assume that would be at the dealer's discretion.

However, no one tracks retention, because it cannot be accurately tracked. If someone buys it today and sells it tomorrow, there's no way to tell, even by watching Ebay or Craigslist since those represent only a small percentage of the resale market.

For my money, it doesn't matter how many the manufacturer or dealers sell, it's how many are being resold and the reasons why. Hype sells, and a lot of people buy into hype. Once the hype is penetrated, you find out who's got the beef and who's just slappin it.
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I've sold every So Cal and Style 1 (excluding a second Slime Green that I had delivered a couple of weeks ago) that I've had in stock. Here in the UK, we missed out on the very first batch. However, I have not sold a single Style 2 so, I'm not taking in any more until these sell. It's a shame as I think the Purple one looks stunning. I'd have it if it wasn't a Tele!!

Comment

Just picked up another Candy Tangerine to replace the one I sold (like a 'tard). This time I'm keeping it. I love the color, and I'm only missing one from the first run

Damn this Compulsive Completionist Disorder

Comment

Word from the only store I know that has them is, all they got is 2 SoCals and a bunch of Style 2's left, and they're waiting for the next batch of colors.

So, the 2H San Dimas Style 1 seems to be selling pretty well, I guess, at least for those guys.

Comment

The guys at Jackson said that they are very happy with the popularity and the way these are selling. It's doing well for them.
                          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

To echo some of the other posts in this thread from the front lines. The Tele's are VERY tough to sell. Period. It wouldn't be a big deal if you didn't have to order them, but every new batch, you have to get at least one of each new color. The So Cal can also be a pretty tough sell too. I still have a candy green one and there has been very little interest in the plum purple one too.

That's why every chance I get, I tell Bionic on here, or my sales rep, "Hey, dump the San Dimas 2 and if possible even the So Cal (I love my candy tangerine So Cal)" All there needs to be is a Style 1 which SHOULD be the no pickguard strat with a SINGLE HUMBUCKER hence the Style 1, kind of like, I don't know.... half the real Charvels ever made. Kind of like the one Eddie played. Kind of like the one Warren played. Kind of like the one George played.

Then the San Dimas Style 2 will be the same thing with 2 Humbuckers.

Just because the Fender production line is readily able to do a Tele body shape doesn't mean it makes sense as a "Charvel". They can do a Jagstang or Musicmaster body too. Thankfully those aren't Style 4 and Style 5's in this series or they would make the Tele's look like sales movers.

Comment

I'm glad to hear these are doing well for Charvel, bought a So-Cal in Candy Tangerine myself I'm not surprised to hear the Tele style one is bringing up the rear, I've said it before: Tele's are ugly! I also don't think a Tele headstock would save it. The typical Charvel player is a "Super Strat" player.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X