Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Can't Charvel make a Production Left Hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Can't Charvel make a Production Left Hand?

As Much as I would love to get my hands on a Charvel. The Rules are

Left hand are not avail in Production models, Only through Custom Shop. So I decided to download the Charvel Custom Shop Form.

WOW

San Dimas Starts at 3000.00 then the left hand option is 777.00.

That is 3777.00 and I have not even picked out the Hardware yet or paint.

What Gives?

For a production they start at about 999.00. Why can't this option be available for left hand players as well? why do the lefty's have Shell out that kind of money.

Yes there are less Left hand players in the world I understand that. However If the argument is there is no demand for that . Well to my understanding Charvel has never tried that.

What Gives?

I would like to say that Charvel should at least discuss the issue to have Production models available to us Lefties as well.

i guess I'm lucky too be left handed but play right handed
    "Oh please, please dress as my sexy dead wife!" -

Comment

Like I told my lefty nephew - they don't make left handed pianos.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

Put this on the list of cost cuts.:idea:
        The rest of us shouldn't have to pay more for our guitars for you oddballs

Comment

I'm left handed but play guitar right handed. I assume that the Pro Mods don't offer a left handed option to keep costs down... There's just not a huge demand for left handed guitars in the grand scheme of things. I have a musician buddy that plays left handed, and he just strings his regular (Right handed) strat upside down.

I have no idea if that's technically feasible with a floyd rose trem, but you might look into it.

Comment

I agree. I am not a left handed player, but you are right. It is unfair. Maybe they could offer a left handed model in 1 color each run. That would at least be a start and give you lefties something to go for.
            Guitars:
            Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
            1988 Model 2,
            Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
            RR3
            Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
            1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
            2005 SG Special

Comment

I even would be ok to even have a production model for left hand start at 1300.00 . I would go for it

but 4500.00 that is a bit extreme in my opinion (this is with hardare etc)

Comment

I'm with you pal. Since there are less left handed players maybe charvel could switch things up a bit maybe one month make 50 SD1's lefty, then switch the the SD2 and then the socal. Hell, maybe in a few more years we'll be blessed with a star.

Comment

Learn to play Right

Seriously, I'd love to see Lefty Production Charvels - I want a lefty Strathead or two on my righty bodies :ROTF:
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Southpaws just like ginger kids do not go to heaven.

It is a well known fact, so why pander to their needs?

Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

hmmm there seems to be a common message to the majority of the replies

" I am right handed, Im OK" What is the problem?

I call the BS Flag!

or is this gonna be another one of these

kinda threads?

Comment

or is this gonna be another one of these

kinda threads?
                        I'd pretty much go with the latter. To be honest, I really don't care because I don't have a problem with what's offered now.

Not to be a dick, but learn to play right. As was said they don't make left handed pianos. I'm sure there are many left handed pianists.

Go with the flow man go with the flow.
                        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

I think the number of left-handed people is about 10% of the population. So we'll assume the number of left-handed players is the same 10%. It seems that about half of the lefties who play guitar just play right handed. So now we have about 5% of the entire guitar playing population being left-handed. What percentage of that 5% would actually want a Charvel? With a guitar as specialized as a Charvel, I don't think it's really cost-effective to build them.

I have gone through about 50 of these Charvels so far and have had one guy really disappointed that they didn't do a lefty one. If they did build a lefty, what are the chances it would have been the color this guy wanted?

This thread has kind of opened my eyes though. They don't build left handed pianos. I have never seen a violinist playing left-handed either.

Comment

Nor left handed typewriters or keyboards, nor left handed watches.

However, doesn't Fender have lefty Strats? I guess the size of the brand name determines the size of the market they'll serve.
                            Haven't really seen a Lefty Les Paul or Flying V, either, now that I think of it.

However, they do make lefty Floyd Roses. Granted its just the bar and baseplate that need to be leftied, but that's still a bit more work than simply flipping the material over. You need a lefty die to make them.

It does truly suck to be a lefty guitarist, and I cannot understand why or how the information about learning righty is not being sufficiently broadcast - there's NO selection for lefties compared to righties.

As for the lefty possibly nitpicking the color, I seriously doubt he would have. With choices being so limited, I'm sure most lefties would pay for a refin and still come out cheaper than a custom shop.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              However, doesn't Fender have lefty Strats? I guess the size of the brand name determines the size of the market they'll serve.
                              I can guarantee there are more lefties that would buy a Strat of any sort instead of a Charvel. Lefty Charvels would be a niche inside of a niche.

edit:

I wonder how many of those "righty-lefty" hendrix strats sold in comparison to real lefty strats during the time they made them. I bet more right handed guitar players bought those than lefties bought regular lefty strats.
                              -------------------------
                              Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                              X