Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Charvel USA Productions Models made by who? Click for the answer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel USA Productions Models made by who? Click for the answer!

This is something that a lot of us have been wondering ever since they announced these models. Are they made by the Charvels guys, by Fender, or even in Mexico? There has been lots of speculation.

Well, today Ron and I had a tour at the Corona facility and I finally got the definitive answer. Our initial tour guide was Chip Ellis. According to him, the U.S. Production Charvels are made on the Fender line. The guys making them work for Fender. He said that some of the Charvels guys trained them on how to put these together like Charvels. It sounded like they spent a lot of time training them properly. But the point is, they are Fender workers who were trained by the Charvel guys, and they are made in the Fender production part of the factory. When I asked if these guys work exclusively on the U.S. Charvels, he said that they may be doing some other Fender work also. Bottom line, they are not being made by the guys that do the custom shop Charvels, custom shop Jackson, or the USA Select Jackson.

Also, the bodies are 2 piece, not a three piece like some have said.

Well I hope that clears it up for everyone.
    Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
    www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

So they are made by the same guys who put together the $1450 USA Fender Standard Strats? That sounds fine to me.

Comment

Bottom line, they are not being made by the guys that do the custom shop Charvels, custom shop Jackson, or the USA Select Jackson.
      We already were told that but we were told they worked for charvel. Which was hard to swallow since they only work on these 4 times a year. I love my socal so I'm good with that too!

Comment

This guitar is now a piece of shit Fender that I hate!

-------------------------
        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

High five for early morning sarcasm.

Comment

Well, 85 SD was right, then.

However, since the guys in Japan who build the import Jacksons were trained by Jackson employees (long before the Fender thing) aren't making the USA models, does that make the imports "Jackson copies", as was argued about the "Charvel copies made by Fender"?

Still a Charvel to me, because it has only the basic Fender specs (body and headstock shape).
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

At least the myth of the Charvels being made in Mexico can now be put to rest
              Does it bother me that the Charvels are being built in the Fender side of the shop?? Nope, not at all
              I have heard a rumor though that Fender is going to be moving production of the American Strat line to Mexico. The only American built Strats will be CS and artist only. So if this is true, does that mean the Charvels will be going to Mexico as well??? Hmmm....
              Don

Comment

I don't care if Fender employees make them, in America, or in Mexico, or wherever, as long as they're a quality guitar with the proper "spirit" of the original Charvels.

Comment

Who Cares

Did you guys know that if 55% of a product (Guitar in this case) is made in USA and other 45% isn't . . they can legally state:"Made in USA".

Makes no difference to me, I've had dozens of Strats made in Japan,Mexico etc.If it feels good and plays good,that's what matters.

I had pre ordered the very 1st batch of the new production series and had it for about 6 months and sold it,it just didn't have that feel that my hands are looking for.Probably cause all my other 3 axes are "Custom Shops". Sounds funny to say,but it felt like an assembly line guitar.

I really like them,I would buy another one, but no PG this time around.I love the snow white Charvel w/zebra Pups. When I get another one,i'm going to have "Master Luithier" Martin Miranda set it up and go over the entire neck,so that it feels like a CS piece.
                  Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post
                    At least the myth of the Charvels being made in Mexico can now be put to rest
                    Does it bother me that the Charvels are being built in the Fender side of the shop?? Nope, not at all
                    I have heard a rumor though that Fender is going to be moving production of the American Strat line to Mexico. The only American built Strats will be CS and artist only. So if this is true, does that mean the Charvels will be going to Mexico as well??? Hmmm....

As long as the prices go South, I'm all for it

Cheaper labor must equal cheaper retail prices, or it's No Sale.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I just want to reiterate that Mike Kotzen stressed how the people making them were trained thoroughly by the long time Charvel/Jackson guys. By all definition, these are Charvel guitars, just not getting the attention to detail that I guess a custom shop does. And technically, everyone in that building works for Fender no matter what they're doing. All the name badges say Fender.

And I consider my made in Japan Charvels to be ... well, Charvels!
                      Last edited by fullmetalguitar; 06-05-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

And my JacksonStars NASLs are still Jacksons to me, as are all my non-USA-made Jacksons.

However, the "I told Ya Sos" are about to start pouring in, and then it'll be a ton of negativity spreading through Internetland, and then Batch 5 sales will plummet amid the grapevine/wine press that will end up stating these "USA Charvels" are being made in Guatemalan work camps by missing Western tourists to fund Barack Obama's terrorist financing world tour.

Curiosity killed the.......brand?

Comment

Nah, I don't think that will happen. I mean these are Charvel guitars with Charvel specs being made by professionals that have been professionally trained to make Charvel guitars. That was a mouthful! They just haven't been making Charvels for the past twenty years, but the guys who trained them have. If you saw the amount of detail that goes into making the custom shops, then you'd realize that this is the only way you can get a USA Charvel at this price. I was amazed by the intricate work the guys were doing.

Comment

All I know... I don't really care where they are made or who by. I'm happy with mine and have no complaints. It could have been built by a monkey on the moon and I wouldn't think any different of it
                            Don

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post

Don't ask why but whenever i see that i think of iron maiden
                              Thats a badass looking charvel
                              "Too bad Kurt didn't teach John how to aim a gun."
                              Jackson Shred

"maybe i should do what madona does and adopt a little chineese kid and get them to knock up a couple of guitars for me" cookiemonster

Comment

Working...
                              X