its time to start speculating again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its time to start speculating again

What do you think the new colors are going to be?

I have been so busy, that I havent even been looking around...

I want

Candy Blue SoCal
    Candy Tangerine SD1
    White SD2
    Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Here's my speculation: grunge round two - floyded guitars once again cheaper than dirt - within the next 3-5 years.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

My guesses:
      S1 - Hot Pink (or something of that nature - Shocking, Flaming, Screaming, etc) to match the 3rd batch Slime Green
      S2 - Polar White because a Tele in white is like a fat girl in the bakery - made for each other
      SoCal - Candy Red cuz the color contrast with the black pickguard is classic

But if we continue on the previous discussion that each batch's colors are somehow related to the time of year they're released (1st run were Fall colors Red, Gold, Orange, 2nd run was Christmas colors Red, Green, Blue, 3rd batch was Mardi Gras Purple, Green, Gold, 4th run was.....Memorial Day? Purple, Orange, White? )

So what color scheme fits the Summer? Red, White, and Blue? Blue's been done for the S1, and Red's been done for the S1 and S2. SoCal has never had Red, White, or Blue. The White S1 has already happened as well.

There's also the more Spring-like colors - Yellow, lighter-than-Candy Blue, and Pink.

I'm sure everyone wants a White SoCal, too. That'd be sweet. Not sure if they'd let it happen, though. Then again, the White S1 was direct competition for the Smith, so a White SoCal being turned into a Jake shouldn't be a problem.

And besides, a White SoCal is an almost-guaranteed sell-out. They'd be harder to find than CT SoCals from the first run
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What I would like to see is a continuation of the more vintage Charvel inspired colors. The slime green and the polar white ones looked like old school Charvels and were BY FAR the most popular sellers we have seen so far.

Here's what I'd like to see:
        A single humbucker Style 1 in surf green with chrome hardware and a double cream pickup. Charge the same price for it if you must. People want it! That is "Charvel" in a nutshell..... no pickguard, single hum.

A dual humbucker Style 1 in robins egg blue, or sonic blue or fiesta red with chrome hardware and double cream pickups.

The So Cal and the Tele style? It's enough already with those. I have a So Cal that I love, but what percentage of the original Charvels that we all lust after had pickguards? What percentage were Tele's? Way less than 10% of either one. So why make them both 33% of the currently available models? Sorry, but I'm just saying that on the floor the SD2 and the So Cal are WAY tougher to sell than the Charvel that is actually like a Charvel.
        Last edited by Chubtone; 06-04-2009, 04:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
          Here's what I'd like to see:
          A single humbucker Style 1 in surf green with chrome hardware and a double cream pickup. Charge the same price for it if you must. People want it! That is "Charvel" in a nutshell..... no pickguard, single hum.
          Well said my good man! Sign me up for one too.

Comment

I'd hope for.
            Road Hazard Yellow
            Robin's egg blue
            Shell Pink.

Any of these come out and I'm gonna get my first Prod Charvey.
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Corvette Yellow SD1
              Gun Metal Grey SD2
              Candy Blue SoCal.

Comment

Well, based on the teaser video, I'm guessing something Pulp Fiction oriented... maybe more black and white models, or maybe the red from the Malibu... and based on the shot of the stool, I'm guessing the SD1 will be a Rising Sun graphic.
                -------------------------
                Blank yo!

Comment

I'm going to guess that we're in store for something more than just a new batch of colors. I could definitely see them doing a simple graphic, like a rising sun, although with some kind of upcharge. Different PU layouts and hardware colors are possible, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                    I'd hope for.
                    Road Hazard Yellow
                    Robin's egg blue
                    Shell Pink.

Any of these come out and I'm gonna get my first Prod Charvey.

I'm with you on that one, Robin's egg would be killer.

Comment

Style 1 = Lamborghini Yellow, black pups, black hardware
                      Style 2 = Midnight Blue, zebra pups, chrome hardware
                      So Cal = Robin's Egg Blue, zebra pups, chrome hardware

Comment

I'm actually lovin this .... good ideas btw! And you think we don't care!!!!

Mike

Comment

I was just at the factory today for the tour. I asked Mike Kotzen if we could get a sneak peak at the next batch of colors, and he said no way! We swore that we wouldn't tell anyone, but he wouldn't budge.

By the way, Mike (Bionic) if you really care, please make the SD1 with the Dinky shape and a vintage brass trem. That would be killer.
                          Last edited by fullmetalguitar; 06-05-2009, 01:05 AM.
                          Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                          www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

One for Newc's ongoing obsession with the seasonal theme thing (red so-cal, silver style 2, robin's egg style 1) and one to meet our friend Nick's wishes...

Comment

The sonic blue and the orange ones pictured above are killer!

Comment

Working...
                              X