Anyone coil tap the SoCal Dimarzio's - How'd they sound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone coil tap the SoCal Dimarzio's - How'd they sound

Been thinking of adding a coil tap switch on my SoCal. Before I do so, anyone done this and how did these pickups sound tapped.

Originally posted by vondran View Post
    Been thinking of adding a coil tap switch on my SoCal. Before I do so, anyone done this and how did these pickups sound tapped.
    I did the coil tap with a push/pull volume control and am happy with the results. The Evolution in the neck has a lot of output even as a single coil and I can get some nice liquid-distortion type lead sounds out of it. When both humbuckers are on and the coils are tapped it can really do a nice sparkling clean sound. The TZ sounded good by itself tapped as well, but I don't use that setting very often.

In my opinion though - I'd say if you are looking for any kind of twang out of the pickups you won't really find that with tapping the stock pickups.
    Dave

Comment

Agreed. There's no twang, but plenty of shimmer when both are split. I dig it.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
      X