Opinion needed: Charvel Jackson Custom Legacy Series Star Gold Bolt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion needed: Charvel Jackson Custom Legacy Series Star Gold Bolt

I have an opportunity to get the above guitar in mint unplayed condition complete w/ DVD, paperwork and other case candy

Description:

This first of its kind Master built Series consisted of 5 classic models that helped define Charvel. Each and every detail on these guitars were replicated and reproduced using original tooling and technique

This specific collection was built especially for the 2007 Winter NAMM Show, and was limited to only 20 pieces (globally) for each model and each guitar comes with a special certificate hand signed by Grover Jackson as well as Todd Krause, Mike Shannon, Tim Wilson, and Mike Eldred all of which were original employees of Charvel in the beginning (most now work in the Fender Custom Shop) and were part of the design and building of these historic reproductions. Includes DVD interview with Grover Jackson.

MSRP on these guitars was $5,000.
    Features/Specs:
    • 1H, single humbucker design
    • 2 piece alder body
    • Flat sawn Charvel maple neck with Fender licensed headstock
    • 25.5" scale, 21 frets, 12" radius, natural oil finish
    • Rosewood inlays with BRASS side dots
    • NOS BRASS Hardware: bridge, neck plate, strap buttons, knob
    • Gotoh gold machines/tuners
    • Classic non-locking tremolo bridge (brass)
    • Dimarzio X2N Pickup for screaming leads and hard rock tones
    Would it be a good even trade for my USA Select RR1T Eerie Dess. The seller wants a straight up trade but in lieu of some comments I have seen regarding the newer USA Charvels, I am a bit leery

Is this on par with the Jackson and live up to the hype? I don't want to make a dumb mistake and trade off a already killer guitar that will hold it's value fairly well

I have always loved the Star and I am thinking hard about this one so I need experienced collectors opinions. I would prefer an original with a better trem

The seller is a reputable eBay seller w/ excellent feedback. I am sure you can find it listed if you look, not sure if it's ok to post a direct link

Thanks in advance, this is time sensitive

Would YOU do it?

Thanks,

Ron
    Last edited by Joe Stump; 05-28-2009, 06:16 AM.
    2001 Les Paul Standard
    2010 Explorer '76 RI
    1988 Charvel Model 3

Collector, schmecter. Nice guitar, but I'd keep the RR.

Comment

I'd go for the star. RR's are a dime a dozen. Nothing to fear in the build quality - probably better.
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

The star

Comment

+1
          Yesterday is history; tomorrow is a mystery; but today is a gift; that's why it is called the present.

Comment

Don't get it as an investment piece. These will not go up in value. But then, neither will the RR1.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the replies here

I would like to note that I am not looking for an investor piece, I am just getting guitars that won't depreciate in value over time and in this economy, that's tough

Jackson, Charvel and Gibsons seem to hold well and I have always been lucky to get back my investment or a little more whenever I have moved an axe. I have gone through at least 60 guitars in just the last 4 years and I am still looking for one that stands up to my e/2's

My philosophy has always been, if it ain't pointy, it ain't shit

The guitar has to fit me and and do something to me when I pick it up. So far, the e/2's are the only ones I have had that I have kept because of this. I have a few others here still but they are held for sentimental reasons and nothing more

I drive my old lady nuts because there is different guitars here every week, she says "can't you ever be happy?" and I say, no, not yet and maybe never will...
              2001 Les Paul Standard
              2010 Explorer '76 RI
              1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

What's an e/2?
                Blank yo!

Comment

These are e/2's
                  2001 Les Paul Standard
                  2010 Explorer '76 RI
                  1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

I traded this 2005 USA Exotic Dean for the RR1T

2001 Les Paul Standard
                    2010 Explorer '76 RI
                    1988 Charvel Model 3

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Stump View Post
                      [IMG]These are e/2's
                      Ah... the bottom one I get - its like the V2's that they made with the weird carve-away on the body's.

The top one's cool - obviously a response to the Hamer Standard.

Nice axes - and I support the trade of the Dean for the Jackson.
                      Blank yo!

Comment

Working...
                      X