Plum Crazy SoCal v2.0: Modified

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plum Crazy SoCal v2.0: Modified

I love how these SoCal's are so mod-able.

- Swapped pickup arrangement to H-S with a perfect-fitting white-black-white layered pickguard. (Thank you again, Sully! )

- Kept the ToneZone and added a Dimarzio VV Heavy Blues 2 in the neck.

- Ditched the meat tenderizer and swapped in a Charvel-esque volume knob.

- Polished the frets.

looks awesome,

Comment

Pat, that looks kickass! It was my pleasure to make that for ya! As usual, you have an amazing eye for what makes a nice looking guitar.

sully
      Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
      Sully Guitars on Facebook
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Very nice...I went with H/S on both of my SoCals also. The white works well against that shade of purple.

The Dimarzio Blues is a cool sounding pickup...you should be fairly pleased with that combo, although I'm not a huge fan of the TZ...I do like the Air Zone tho.

I think that plum is screaming for chrome too!

Comment

Nice!!!

I still prefer the original knob (even though I just replaced mine...).
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Very nice indeed, good work.
            The single coil and humbucker is what I prefer.
            Again, very nice.
            Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

Dude, you did EXACTLY what I am going to do on my CT. Except I'm going to have a Cruiser in the neck I think.

Glad I know it'll look cool now

Comment

Yeah, this pickguard really makes the candy plum color pop out soooo much better. And the hint of black around the pickguard's edge links in nicely with the black hardware and PUs. ...IMHO, this combo will look killer on your tangerine, too. And even better with pagan gold.

As to the pickups, the ToneZone is very good, but isn't necessarily one of my favorites. I have to admit, though, that it's been growing on me a lot more than I expected. So I stuck with it. And I've got a Heavy Blues that I swapped into another guitar, too. It's a really cool neck SC - kind of SRV-ish in tone, IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by shreddermon View Post
                  And the hint of black around the pickguard's edge links in nicely with the black hardware and PUs.
                  You know what...the more I look at this, the more I think you're right. I would have opted to go chrome on the hardware, but the black hardware and pickups are almost a perfect offset...it actually helps that white guard make the plum pop even more. Now I think the chrome would have actually taken away from the finish.

Comment

that's very nice, great work.

I think the black pg's on these accentuated this plum color, b/c the white pg makes it look rather blue.

reminds me of that $2500 blue custom Namm guitar from last year, just with a neck pup.
                    the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Sweet!! I'm liking the looks of the Purple/White a lot!
                      Got to get a So Cal...
                      Don

Comment

Looks amazing! nice work!

Comment

Very cool, Pat! Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                            I think the black pg's on these accentuated this plum color, b/c the white pg makes it look rather blue.
                            Nah, that's just what happens when you take photos of a purple guitar on a grey, cloudy day. In person (and normal light), this color is popping big time.

And thanks everyone.

Comment

That's a great looking combo all round.
                              It resembles an 80's ESP I remember seeing back in the day.
                              Currently at 78 guitars - Paul Reed Smith, Jackson, Robin, Washburn, Carvin, Peavey, U.S. Masters, G&L, Hamer, Godin, BC Rich, Yamaha, Fender, ESP, Kramer, Cort, Ibanez, Aria Pro & Charvel
                              Pics:http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/mr.rs/pictures/gear

Comment

Working...
                              X