pick guard for your socal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pick guard for your socal

who wants to do a group order.I will be sending in a tracing of the PG and we can get them at a decent price once the tracing is provided.
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

Any particular colors and control/pickup configs, or can those be different than stock? I'd be interested in purchasing 2-3 if we can opt for things like 5-way + H-S-S, 5-way + H-H, etc.

Comment

I guess they will do what ever you want.Virgil(WBmusic) said he needs to make a template first so just one would be like 60-75 bucks because of a setup charge.after the template is done they will be cheaper.also pick guardian has it and they would be about 50 bucks or so shipped depending on materials used.I can't believe I only got one responce thought most of you hated the look of the pg on the socal???

Comment

I want to get an H-S PG in W/B/W and the Warmoth/Fender contours don't do it for me, so I guess I'm in!

Comment

I've been thinking of a H-S-H in W/B/W. Depending on price I may be in.

Comment

Be aware that to get a Super 5-way (Jackson Special 5-way - the big one that gets cable), the volume knob has to move about 3/4" to the left of the original hole. I found this out too late with one of my Warmoth 'guards, so now I've got a spare knob hole.

I wouldn't touch another pre-cut 'guard unless the hole was moved to the left, or left blank so I could locate it myself.

But, I'd be in for 3 at least if I can get them matte black like the original with S-S-S + blade switch and the bridge single moved toward the neck at least 1/2", one that was H-S-H + blade switch, and an H-H with blade switch.

If he can do it, I'd also like to have the control section of the pickguard be a separate piece like Jazz basses are so it's easier to get into the guts.

Gimme a price and we'll see, otherwise I'll stick with my mutted-up Warmoth guards.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              Be aware that to get a Super 5-way (Jackson Special 5-way - the big one that gets cable), the volume knob has to move about 3/4" to the left of the original hole. I found this out too late with one of my Warmoth 'guards, so now I've got a spare knob hole.

I wouldn't touch another pre-cut 'guard unless the hole was moved to the left, or left blank so I could locate it myself.

But, I'd be in for 3 at least if I can get them matte black like the original with S-S-S + blade switch and the bridge single moved toward the neck at least 1/2", one that was H-S-H + blade switch, and an H-H with blade switch.

If he can do it, I'd also like to have the control section of the pickguard be a separate piece like Jazz basses are so it's easier to get into the guts.

Gimme a price and we'll see, otherwise I'll stick with my mutted-up Warmoth guards.
              i"m just waiting to see who is definately in before I contact virgil and get pricing.I'm not sure but having dif' configurations/stithes/pots ect may be considered a dif template and pricing may be the same as if you wre to do one???I will find out...

Comment

called and left a message waiting for a call back.I should have some info tonight...

Comment

he called and is going to call me this afternoon and give me the down low

Comment

I'd be interested in a 3 ply W-B-W H-S-H pickguard with one volume and a 5 way selector. However, i live in aus so i dont know how that would work out.
                    THIS IS MY POST
                    Thanks for reading

Comment

Originally posted by Zaneus View Post
                      I'd be interested in a 3 ply W-B-W H-S-H pickguard with one volume and a 5 way selector. However, i live in aus so i dont know how that would work out.
                      I'm not sure but I can find out

Comment

k,here's the deal.

I need to know what everybody wants(Material,pickup config,controls,ect)
                        how many so I can get pricing.he said there may be an upcharge for some option depending on what you want.here is a link to see what they have available http://www.wdmusic.com/pickguards.html.I would like to get this going next week the latest because I would like to play my socal in the near future...LOL

Comment

I'd be down for a W/B/W guard with an H (bridge) / S (neck) configuration with the So-Cal control scheme.

Comment

Been thinking about it and i'm confident i can commit to it as long as price the price isnt over $100AUD including shipping to aus.

3 ply black-whit-black pick guard, Hum - Hum cut and a 3 way blade style switch installed where it normally would be on a fender. Would prefer the pick guard to not be matte black on the top, but rather a gloss black.

Let me know

Edit: Is it possible to get decent pots put on the pickguard? Or is the pickguard coming as is, with no other hardware on it? If i can, id also like to get a volume and tone put on as well. Basically, i'm after a strat pickguard.
                            Last edited by Zaneus; 05-15-2009, 07:42 AM.
                            THIS IS MY POST
                            Thanks for reading

Comment

Depending on price per, I would be interested in: H-S-S, 5-way, 1 vol. 1 tone, in white pearl; H-H, 5-way, in white pearl. If the $ is right, I would also want one or both of those configs in the flat black akin to the stock unit.

Comment

Working...
                              X