Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the "it's not a jake" charvel...is now almost a jake!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the "it's not a jake" charvel...is now almost a jake!

I made some pickguards over the weekend. Now I just need to get some pearloid tuning knobs and maybe a chrome jack plate. Oh, and I gotta get rid of the Custom Custom that's in there. Anyone got a black Custom they wanna trade?

I've loved that guitar since I was a kid; it's the Charvel version of my Rhoads LTD. Such a great guitar; I'm really glad I got off my ass and bought it.

Sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Nice looker - what's the story on this one? What you bought, I mean - not who Jake is and what "a Jake" is - I know all that. Real custom shop or a parts-o-caster?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

100% legit Charvel Custom Shop, my friend. Part of a custom run of 10 pieces through Matt's Music. I'd like to add that I made these mods completely on my own, and that the Matt run was never intended to be a signature model.
      Sully Guitars on Google+
      Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That looks very sharp, Sully. Real nice work on the pickguard.

Comment

Thanks Pat!
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Looking good Sully, don't forget to rip off that ebony board and replace it with Rosewood for real authenticity.

K might be able to point you in the right direction for the pearl tuners.

Mine is still completely stock for now.
            Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by sully View Post
              100% legit Charvel Custom Shop, my friend. Part of a custom run of 10 pieces through Matt's Music. I'd like to add that I made these mods completely on my own, and that the Matt run was never intended to be a signature model.
              Oh OK - I had seen that one on Matt's site for a while - I didn't see it had the bullet truss rod adjuster.
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack The Riffer View Post
                Looking good Sully, don't forget to rip off that ebony board and replace it with Rosewood for real authenticity.
                Heh...yeah, lemme go pull the frets and plane it off now. Back in a minute!

Sully
                Sully Guitars on Google+
                Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Very sharp !!!! Love the 3 on 3 logo. Didn't jake have one hard tail with a single and hum or is my old age kicking in again?

Comment

I do have to say that these guitars came with some THICK slabs of ebony!!!
                    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

nice work sully...looking killer and I love the Jake signature on the head
                      www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                      My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Sweet guitar Sully!

Any new videos coming out soon?
                        "Dear Dr. Bill,
                        I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Another great job Sully.
                            How did you put the name one there?
                            Did you do a vid? hehe
                            Just one more guitar!

Comment

The sig is a waterslide decal that's not been cleared over. No video on this one, sorry! I haven't filmed a whole lot over the past couple of weeks.

sully
                              Sully Guitars on Google+
                              Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Working...
                              X