Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neck Profile on Charvel San Dimas Production Models?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neck Profile on Charvel San Dimas Production Models?

Can anyone describe the neck carve / profile on the Charvel San Dimas Production Models?

Is it close to the profile on the US Jackson Soloists?

soloists are a thin D profile while the charvels are more of a C profile. Very comfortable profile.

Comment

I'll describe it - the most comfortable neck I've ever played (period).
      -------------------------
      Blank yo!

Comment

It's very comfortable, but not at all like a typical Jackson neck.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Someone told me they are very much like the old Fender HM necks. Is that right?
          http://youtube.com/user/nickwellings

Comment

Just played one yesterdaay for a while.

Rich#6 is dead on. Very middle of the road IMHO. Not like a soloist at all. More like an (only) slightly thicker pointy charvel.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
              The HM is a hair wider at the nut, and feels thinner. I don't know if it is truly thinner or just feels that way due to the width.

Comment

Originally posted by wanthairspray View Post
                I'd doubt that that's the case. The HM neck gets very wide at the 24th fret and is a pretty flat radius. It's also a different scale length.

If the Production profile is like the neck on my Natural Series Charvel from the Music Zoo, then I can definitely say that the neck on the Production is really not that close to the HM as I also have an HM.
                Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by fuel0707 View Post
                  I'd doubt that that's the case. The HM neck gets very wide at the 24th fret and is a pretty flat radius. It's also a different scale length.

If the Production profile is like the neck on my Natural Series Charvel from the Music Zoo, then I can definitely say that the neck on the Production is really not that close to the HM as I also have an HM.
                  Dang.

I have a maple necked HM strat and love the 17" flat radius and thin neck (but I think some of my Fusions are thinner).

I would love to try a Production Charvel but I'm worried about the profile. I'm really into Jenny Craig necks

Comment

If youre used to Jackson necks, then the new Charvel necks will take some getting used to. Much thicker, but still pretty comfortable. I was planning on shaving mine down, but after seeing the one guys skunk stripe was paper thin and broke from just pushing on it, Im leaving mine alone.
                    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

not even close.
                      I would love to try a Production Charvel but I'm worried about the profile. I'm really into Jenny Craig necks
                      I really like thin necks too, but I really like the production neck. You gotta try one.

Comment

I like my Jacksons the best, but find the Production Series necks very comfortable to play. Actually might be a bit thinner than my Soloist neck.

I play a Strat and a couple of Gibsons with boat oars, too. The Charvel is way more comfy than the Strat for most stuff (chords are nice on the Strat) and way more comfy than the Gibsons for anything, period.

I don't think you'd dislike it, but the approach I take is that I imagine I'm about to play a Strat, and then I'm pleasantly surprised. If you pick it up expecting a razor-thin shred machine like an Ibanez or Jackson, you might be disappointed.

Comment

Working...
                        X