Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Black and white EVH or Crossed Swords DeMartini?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black and white EVH or Crossed Swords DeMartini?

OK guys, I finally have the money together for one of my dream guitars, but I can't make up my mind!! I thought I wanted the EVH and then I was all set on the DeMartini, now I am leaning back to the EVH. What do you guys think? If I get the Crossed Swords I am going to want to change the hardware to chrome, the EVH is fine the way it is, but I am not sure I will like the thicker neck. Any opinions welcome! Which one would you get and why? I am down to my Slime Green and Polar White as far as my other Charvels go.

id say go with the EVH art series. i own one and i love it, the pickup in it is amazing, it kicks so hard it will blow your socks off. plus you like it just the way it is...but its ultimately up to you man.

Comment

I'd go with the Demartini...you already have an EVH p'up in the bridge of one of your productions right? While I am a fan of the thicker necks myself, I'm also more of a fan of the solid body than the top-routed strat body with pickguard. More weight and meat means more tone and sustain...some will argue there's not much difference, but I can definitely tell between my 2 So Cals and my 2 San Dimas.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, how would you compare the neck to the new Production models?

Originally posted by Bonscott View Post
        id say go with the EVH art series. i own one and i love it, the pickup in it is amazing, it kicks so hard it will blow your socks off. plus you like it just the way it is...but its ultimately up to you man.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, yes I do have the EVH Frankie pickup in the Slime Green, man it sounds great. I was thinking of putting another one that I am squirreling away in the EVH model.

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
          I'd go with the Demartini...you already have an EVH p'up in the bridge of one of your productions right? While I am a fan of the thicker necks myself, I'm also more of a fan of the solid body than the top-routed strat body with pickguard. More weight and meat means more tone and sustain...some will argue there's not much difference, but I can definitely tell between my 2 So Cals and my 2 San Dimas.

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
            Thanks for the feedback, how would you compare the neck to the new Production models?
            They are close, however the EVH feels better to me. they are the same width, etc. however the EVH has more of a real wood feel to it, not as much finish on it. you can feel the wood actually instead of the coated production models. I love the neck and the guitar as a whole. i would say the production models rate like a 7 on a scale from 1-10 and the EVH is an 8. not a HUGE difference but better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonscott View Post
              They are close, however the EVH feels better to me. they are the same width, etc. however the EVH has more of a real wood feel to it, not as much finish on it. you can feel the wood actually instead of the coated production models. I love the neck and the guitar as a whole. i would say the production models rate like a 7 on a scale from 1-10 and the EVH is an 8. not a HUGE difference but better.

Which finish did you get?

Comment

black and white.

Comment

I love the Black & White too I odered one in 2005.. took 7 months to get to the UK.. and when it turned up at the shop, it was the yellow and black model!!
                  Couldnt be bothered to wait another half year, so I took it.
                  But regardless of the colour.. these guitars are amazing.. period! Anyway I now love the yellow and black colour just as much as the original choice.. so its all good
                  www.vendetta-theband.com
                  www.atomhawk.com

Comment

get the DeMartini! it's just cooler.
                    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

They're both cool, but I'd go with the EVH. That of course, is just my personal preference. I also have a hunch that years down the line, the EVH guitars might be more valuable... But who knows?

Comment

My pick would be the Demartini. Are they offering the crossed-swords? Too bad the frenchie isn't available...my fave by far.

Comment

Originally posted by jmsaxon69 View Post
                          OK guys, I finally have the money together for one of my dream guitars, but I can't make up my mind!! I thought I wanted the EVH and then I was all set on the DeMartini, now I am leaning back to the EVH. What do you guys think? If I get the Crossed Swords I am going to want to change the hardware to chrome, the EVH is fine the way it is, but I am not sure I will like the thicker neck. Any opinions welcome! Which one would you get and why? I am down to my Slime Green and Polar White as far as my other Charvels go.

The DeMartini neck is MUCH MUCH closer to what you find on the custom shop and production model products.

Comment

Thanks for all the input, but I have decided to get the EVH, I am getting a sweet deal on a mint one with the plastic still on the guard. I will post some pics when it arrives. I'll still get a DeMartini, It'll just be a while.

Comment

Well done sir! nice choice...

I also love the Warren guitars, so I can see why you were torn between the two.. but the pickup in the EVH just has that magic tone.. you won`t regret it.

Now get yourself over to VanhalenStore and pick up some matching sneakers!

www.vendetta-theband.com
                              www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X