Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a new Charvel San Dimas but questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a new Charvel San Dimas but questions....

Hey guys

I just got a chance to play the slime green san dimas that came in at my work, I want it, aside from it being slime green hahahaha. Anyhow I LOVE the neck on this fuckin thing, LOVE it, the heavy rolled edge feels awesome the frets awesome, the floyd even seems good for being korean, so far works like all my OFR's do. but I have one question, the neck is a little thinner than I was hoping, if I got a custom shop jobby similar to this in specs, can I get essentially everything else the same except a thicker neck? I don't want the profile to change, just maybe add 3 or 4 mm to the back of the neck.

I'll just leave the guitar as is, but if I want something similar does Warmoth make this neck profile?

Lovin this slime greener!

C

Apparently the Warren D's have a slightly thicker neck, but I have zero first hand exp.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
      I have one question, the neck is a little thinner than I was hoping, if I got a custom shop jobby similar to this in specs, can I get essentially everything else the same except a thicker neck?
      Yes, but any custom shop guitar will cost a whole lot more.

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
        Hey guys

I just got a chance to play the slime green san dimas that came in at my work, I want it, aside from it being slime green hahahaha. Anyhow I LOVE the neck on this fuckin thing, LOVE it, the heavy rolled edge feels awesome the frets awesome, the floyd even seems good for being korean, so far works like all my OFR's do. but I have one question, the neck is a little thinner than I was hoping, if I got a custom shop jobby similar to this in specs, can I get essentially everything else the same except a thicker neck? I don't want the profile to change, just maybe add 3 or 4 mm to the back of the neck.

I'll just leave the guitar as is, but if I want something similar does Warmoth make this neck profile?

Lovin this slime greener!

C

The short answer is "yes".

Comment

I "guess" Bionic is answering "yes" to the fact that you can get the neck you want through the Charvel CS.

Of course it will take 18 months to 2 years to receive the finished neck, or guitar. it'll be great but you'll have to wait.

He could also mean that you can get it from Warmoth which I'm certain of, and it won't take so long to get it. If you're open to the idea of the Warmoth neck, call warmoth, tell them what you want..pay for it, and you'll recieve it pretty quickly (A time measured in days or weeks instead of years).

Enjoy the Slimo
          Last edited by 85 San Dimas; 05-05-2009, 10:16 PM.
          Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
          98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Won't the Warmoth neck have a different heel width, though?
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Yep...the Warmoths are 2 3/16

Comment

Then order it from musikraft.

Comment

And won't the Warmoth also have the traditional Fender fretboard radius of uncomfortable to unplayable?
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                    And won't the Warmoth also have the traditional Fender fretboard radius of uncomfortable to unplayable?
                    Not necessarily. Their necks can be ordered with quite a few different radii ranging from 9" to 16". Their standard offering is a 10"-16" compound radius.

That being said, I'd still go for a Musikraft because Warmoth doesn't offer a Strat neck with the truss rod adjustment at the headstock. I hate having the truss rod nut at the heel. It's a pain the butt to adjust.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      they make just about everything there is. I started to suggest Musickraft, but I've never owned one of their necks. But you are right about the heel width. Good catch.
                      Why the hell doesn't Eddie pick up a goddamned guitar and play something?

Current Junk:
                      98 ESP S'burst Tiger,(2) 85 Jackson Soloists (1 pink, 1 red and a white 85 Rhoads),08 Wayne,98 Blackmore, 91 375 Deluxe, 91 MM EVH Purple, 75 Ibanez Korina Destroyer,74 Strat, 78 JMP, 87 JCM800, (2) 80 Hamer Sunbursts, Peavey Vandenberg Custom Puzzle, 335, LPR8, 80 Dimarzio Explorer, 80 Dimarzio Strat, 84 Charvel, Nightswan, LPC Lite, old Baretta, etc. etc. +stuff. [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

Working...
                      X