Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jersey Deth Star

My take on Richie's Jersey Star...

This is a black (obviously) USA Production San Dimas SD-1. Replaced all hardware with gold. Ping Floyd. Dimarzio Air Norton in bridge and 36th Anniversary PAF in neck.

I wanted to get a different look with this one, so I mutted it with a Mighty Mite maple neck with painted black headstock. Final touch were the star inlay and logo decals. Before I ordered a custom neck, I wanted to see how the whole thing looked. The decals are extremely thin and do not get in the way at all, so I may just leave it this way for a while.

Oh...and before Newc can say anything...I do realize it could use a proper polishing!

I like it..nice job....
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Wow!

Very impressive! Looks great to me!

Comment

That is so clever and tasteful. I think it's fantastic. I like it better than the original Jersey Star. I also really like the name you gave it. You get an A+ on this in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver View Post
          That is so clever and tasteful. I think it's fantastic. I like it better than the original Jersey Star. I also really like the name you gave it. You get an A+ on this in my book.
          +1

Comment

I was expecting some Bon Jovi Death Angel bastard child. lol

Nice guitar, I was curious what the fake inlay decal things were like.
            |My CSG gallery|
            (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
              Nice guitar, I was curious what the fake inlay decal things were like.
              The decals apply very easily and are thin enough that they don't get in the way. You don't even know they're there when you're playing. The only caution for anyone interested in them is that the last few don't cover dot inlays that may already be in the fretboard. I had to custom order the set with the 17th, 19th and 21st decals the same size as the 15th...typically they continue to get smaller. Oh, and you can clear coat them too if you're concerned they may begin to peel.

And thanks to everyone so far on the positive feedback!

Comment

Pretty cool

Comment

Very, very cool. I like the star inlays in the neck. Interesting choice to replace the Charvel neck with a Mighty Mite. I probably would have kept the Charvel 22 fret neck. Still it’s awesome!

Comment

Looks cool - like the black on black on gold, don't really like stars, or Richie, but that's me...

Question - why use the SD body at all? Why not just buy a black Mighty Mite body?
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Very nice. Being a fan of Bon Jovi I always liked Richie's Kramer Jersey Star. Don't forget though, Richie had a Star on the top horn too.
                      sigpic
                      And on the 8th day,
                      God kicked back with a beer,
                      And gave that Jackson one helluva beating!

Comment

To answer questions from both GuitarLawyer and Grandturk, I purchased 2 production models and later purchased 2 production model bodies off e(vil)bay. Since I had to get 2 necks for the 2 bodies anyway, I used the Charvel neck off this black one on one of the other bodies and spiced up a Mighty Mite for this one.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyRhoads View Post
                          Very nice. Being a fan of Bon Jovi I always liked Richie's Kramer Jersey Star. Don't forget though, Richie had a Star on the top horn too.
                          I know...I thought about that, but I opted not to add it as I wasn't necessarily intending it to be an exact "reverse" replica.

Comment

Actually I wasn't gonna say anything about the polishing - I was gonna bag on the Ping

Shoodagodda Schaller

Nice coloring but I'm not a fan of Bon Jovi either, or that Kramer Sambora had.

I do agree about the decals though - very thin and unobtrusive. I've got a set of chrome diamond crosses on my WarAngel and it's made the guitar more enjoyable because now I can see where I am
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I normally don't dig the gold hardware, but that guitar looks great! I think it's the black headstock that sets it all off for me. I normally hate matching head stocks too, what's going on with this guitar?! :think: All I know is it looks like it rocks, I bet it does.... it's a Charvel.

Comment

Working...
                              X