My new "old" Charvel - relic Strat Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new "old" Charvel - relic Strat Head

The Music Zoo hooked me up yet again with another great Charvel at an awesome price (thanks Tim and Tommy). Lately I have been searching out dual hums to add to my collection (I also grabbed a cool new white Production model from the Music Zoo as well).

This is one of the Charvel Legacy guitars that got converted to a Legacy 3 by adding a Floyd and some harsh relicing. As I discussed over on the Charvel forum...the relic is borderline abusive but she plays and sounds incredible.

Here are a few pics...sorry red is a bitch to capture on film

and next to the original (Charvel #1018) which is far BETTER condition than the relic...lol!
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

very cool trace! for some reason i thought that you helped out a little with the legacy series (helping with pics and details). so many of them look like guitars you have.

sully
    Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
    Sully Guitars on Facebook
    Sully Guitars on Google+
    Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

That a cool one, Trace. Congrats. I just can't seem to dig the 21 fret necks, though.

Comment

Nice. I just don't understand why they would use the old wood screw Floyd posts on a new guitar today, even if they are trying to make it look old.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

didnt catch it til just now, but nice touch with the square jack plate.

sully
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Cool guitar Trace...love the necks on the Legacy's!

Comment

looking at that pic, we should have matched the headstocks! Nice guitar Tracy!

Comment

Originally posted by daisp View Post
                Cool guitar Trace...love the necks on the Legacy's!
                agree the necks are very cool.....although the brass side dots are hard to see...but nothing a black sharpie couldn't fix!!!
                www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  Nice. I just don't understand why they would use the old wood screw Floyd posts on a new guitar today, even if they are trying to make it look old.
                  My old '84 still has the wood screw posts I had installed in 1984. With no issues or movement whatsoever in an alder body. I thought those things mainly became an issue in a soft body like basswood?

Comment

I played the relic'd Legacy guitars at NAMM this year and they were just KILLER. The pink one with the black spider web was so good sounding and felt so good that had it been any other color it would have been mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Chubtone View Post
                      My old '84 still has the wood screw posts I had installed in 1984. With no issues or movement whatsoever in an alder body. I thought those things mainly became an issue in a soft body like basswood?
                      In all the old screw in Floyd post guitar's I own (Alder and Poplar bodies), I've only had one that had the leaning forward post syndrome (Alder body). But I think the previous owner may have had something to do with that... The Neck had been shimmed, causing the Floyd to sit really high off the body After removing the shim, the Floyd is back down to almost on the body. The posts aren't to bad now, but the holes will need to be doweled and redrilled to make it correct, or replaced with the Bushing/Stud combo.
                      Don

Comment

Screw-in posts definately look cooler, are period correct, and IMO are easier to adjust since you're dealing with a big old screwdriver instead of a pansey allen wrench.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

I've never had an issue with the old wood screw style posts.
                          Been lucky I guess.

Nice Axe Trace!
                          "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                          --floydkramer

Comment

As always, totally cool! Nice job, Trace.

Comment

thanks guys..I have hardly put her down...yeah the relic is a bit too much but she plays and sounds incredible...

Comment

Working...
                              X