Plum Crazy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plum Crazy

Haven't seen too many of these posted yet...

Got it a few days ago. This finish just RULES - the color is awesome, and the candy metallic just pops out in the light.

Very cool guitar, excellent bang for your buck. I'm really digging the Dimarzios - wish Charvel would do more with them.

I've got a few mods in store for her. The knob 'o death will be the first thing to go. Then I'm thinking W/B/W pickguard, Hum-Single PU arrangement. I'd like to swap out the Grovers, too, if there are any direct replacements without drilling more holes - anyone know?

I think I'll just live with it stock for a while before doing anything, though.

And thanks to Matt's Music for a great and smooth deal, as always!

Looks great Pat! Enjoy, it's always a pleasure my friend!
    Special deals for JCF members on Jackson/Charvel, Suhr, Anderson, Nash, Splawn, Bogner, LSL, Ibanez, Diezel, Friedman, Bad Cat, 3rd Power, Dr. Z, ENGL and more. FREE SHIPPING! 0% FINANCING!

Comment

Sweet, i've wanted to see some good pics of these - that looks awesome, think that is the best color on them yet, i do love a deep purple or burgundy.
      Grats!!

Comment

That's nice. I'm glad they changed the color of the tele purple to this.
        I think your the only one who may love purple guitars more then me.

Comment

For some reason, I am betting that these pics simply don't do this finish justice!

If I wasn't broke from the 4 I already have, I would have picked one of these up. God help me if there is a robin's egg SD1 next batch!

The plum is very badass! Congrats!

Comment

Gotoh tuners will swap out for the Grovers. Sweet axe!
            It's pronounced soops

Comment

That is a sweet finish!

Originally posted by 6string40 View Post
              God help me if there is a robin's egg SD1 next batch!
              Tell me about it... I'll get one, be it by hook or by crook, though.

Comment

Very nice... Purple Rules
                Don

Comment

From the ones I've seen, the pics don't do the color justice. Personally I think this plum is one of the best colors in the production series. Real sweat looker. Congrads on the purchase !

Comment

I really like the Plum, but would liked to have seen the Candy Purple that was on the Style 2. I like 'em bright and flashy
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                      Gotoh tuners will swap out for the Grovers. Sweet axe!
                      Really? The set screw seems to be at a much different angle with the Gotohs vs. Grovers. I'm thinking the Gotohs will be cocked at an angle, if you mount them with the Grover screw hole? :think:

Got a pic? That'd really help.

Comment

looks great, I want one too. I'd do the w/b/w pickguard swap too and a perhaps chrome floyd swap
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

congrats very cool color.....oddily I did not like those Dimarizos pkus as much as I liked the Duncans they used in the other models.
                          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I don't like the Dimarzios that come standard in the So Cal either, even though I am a Dimarzio guy. Never liked the TZ and paired with the EvoN is just odd. Would be a much better pairing with an Air Norton in the neck (although I like the Air Norton in the bridge much better). I have completely different combinations of Dimarzios in each of my 4 production models and to me, they all sound immeasurably better than the stock ones.

Comment

I've never been a DiMarzio pickup fan, but I like the ones in the SoCals. Don't care for the JB in the Style 1, though.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X