Truss rod on new production models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss rod on new production models

I searched and found a lot of stuff on truss rods but nothing to answer my question.

I've never had a guitar with the truss rod at the heel.

Which way do I turn it to add relief to the neck? I'm thinking clockwise. I didn't see anything in the Charvel manual, either.

Sorry if this has been asked a billion times, but I couldn't find anything about truss rods at the heel in the forums.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Its still the same - righty tighty, lefty loosey.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

That's what I thought. Thanks. Just to clarify ... tight means to add relief, right? So clockwise would add relief and counterclockwise would backbow the neck. Are the truss rods in the new Charvels dual action?

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
        That's what I thought. Thanks. Just to clarify ... tight means to add relief, right? So clockwise would add relief and counterclockwise would backbow the neck. Are the truss rods in the new Charvels dual action?
        Tightening the rod will straighten the neck and therefore remove relief. If you loosen the truss rod you will allow the neck to 'up bow' as it will naturally want to do under the tension of the strings.

Be very cautious if you're not absolutely 100% sure what you are doing with truss rods.

Comment

Oh, okay. That makes sense. Yeah, I'm no expert, but I know only tiny turns. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
          X