Mike Shannon Heavy Relic 1H

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Shannon Heavy Relic 1H

Wildwest has them- Powder Blue and Dark Red.

I kinda like the blue one, but the board needs a good cleaning. Yuck! Those old-school wood screw posts also suck!
    http://wildwestguitars.com/charvel/p...relic_4022.htm

http://wildwestguitars.com/charvel/p...relic_4023.htm
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Why do they go through all the trouble to relic then put a Custom Shop logo on the headstock?

Kind of counterproductive.

Comment

Personally, I have never understood the desire to have a reliced guitar. If I am going spend to that kind of money on a custom shop, I want it to look kick ass.

I will relic that thing myself by playing the hell out of it.
        1979 Gibson Les Paul Custom
        Jackson SLATQH
        Jackson DK2M Inferno Red
        Jackson DK2M With a Learn Custom Paint Job
        Jackson DKMGT (project)
        Kramer Focus 1000
        Ibanez SDGR Bass
        Ovation Celebrity
        Martin Backpacker

Comment

I get relic'd Strats and Les Pauls, but NO old Charvels ever looked like that. Its just kind of silly to me. Except for the necks - the necks are cool.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Cool idea I think personally, but execution is ? Reverse head is the final nail for me.
            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Didn't know they used to have wood screw posts. Won't those get chewed up?!?

Comment

Jeez, relic'd is one thing but I think they went a bit overboard with the neck. Looks like someone took a dump and wiped their ass with the back of that neck.
                Good deals with:
                Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  Didn't know they used to have wood screw posts. Won't those get chewed up?!?
                  Yep.

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                  NO old Charvels ever looked like that.
                  That's what I don't get either; that's Nitro style wear. They know better than that.

sully
                  Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                  Sully Guitars on Facebook
                  Sully Guitars on Google+
                  Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

It'd be a cold day in hell before I bought something like that. That fretboard is horrendous!!

I have two maple board equipped axes...at the very hint at dirt...they're fully cleaned. To each their own I guess.

Comment

i've always thought relic axes were cool if done properly, but her red one looks over reliced

Comment

Pass
                        "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                        --floydkramer

Comment

My 56 CS "Mary Kaye" Relic looks correct and not fake looking/nitro cracked and worn.I don't get the Charvels. . .like urethane would really wear like that.
                          I wouldn't want one in that condition anyway,I'd rather have one that was taken care of.
                          Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

if I buy a heavy relic, I expect to at least see a bent tuner or two and some missing bridge parts. And if one of the strap buttons is prone to falling out of its screw hole, I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              if I buy a heavy relic, I expect to at least see a bent tuner or two and some missing bridge parts. And if one of the strap buttons is prone to falling out of its screw hole, I'll be as happy as a pig in shit.
                              Don't forget about some makeshift shims under the nut and in the neck pocket, some do-it-yourself sharpie touchups to the headstock, and the whole thing needs to smell like an ashtray.

Comment

Working...
                              X