USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Production Series Appreciation Thread

Ok, enough of these "don't buy these pieces of shit so-called-Charvel" threads: let's hear from the people who know a damn good guitar when they see one, specifically, the USA Production Series Charvels.

And let's roll the P0RN!

Candy Tangerine SoCal from the first run:

Black SoCal:

Candy Green SoCal from the 2nd run:

Pagan Gold SoCal from the 3rd run:

(note that's P-A-G-A-N, not P-E-G-A-N - Pegetarian? )

Slime Green Style1 from the 3rd run:

White Style1 and Candy Plum SoCal from the current (4th) run:

Kudos to Bionic and the rest of the Charvel USA gang for putting out a kickass line and resurrecting the brand that first gave Ibenhad, ESPee, and all those other dogs a new car to chase back in the 80s!
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Ok, enough of these "don't buy these pieces of shit so-called-Charvel" threads: let's hear from the people who know a damn good guitar when they see one, specifically, the USA Production Series Charvels.

Kudos to Bionic and the rest of the Charvel USA gang for putting out a kickass line and resurrecting the brand that first gave Ibenhad, ESPee, and all those other dogs a new car to chase back in the 80s!
    Spot on Newc....well done Charvel.

To the doubters, spare a thought for those of us outside the US, not much chance of seeing a US Charvel until the Production series arrived.

I love my So Cal, so much that the expensive Gibsons are now spending rather a lot of time in their cases. The Charvel will be out again this evening, gigging in Bristol, a proper 'working' guitar.

Comment

Here's mine, a Pagan Gold SoCal.

I've never owned a San Dimas of any kind, so I can't really compare this to anything before it. I love Strats, though, and the SoCal is basically a hot rodded Strat. It's nothing real fancy, but that's how I like it. It's pretty much my ideal workhorse, and after getting it, my #1 Strat ('99 AmStd) went from more modern ssh pups back to sss with more vintage vibes. Judged simply by its own merits, regardless of the decal, it's a winner in my book.
      Last edited by jet66; 04-05-2009, 01:07 PM. Reason: speeling and tyops

Comment

But...

They are bolt-ons

If I got one I'd load it with super d's for a Maiden axe.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          They are bolt-ons
          I spend a lot of time at another brand's board, and the whole neck-thru vs. set vs. bolt-on debate can yield pretty funny fights. I'm assuming you have seen your share of these...

Comment

I only have one, but in my opinion it's a great guitar No complaints from me
            Don

Comment

My red and black ZenKiDo guitars:

My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I hope to have this by next weekend!

http://www.myspace.com/yellowhouse1

Comment

Shazam! I love mine. I'm going up to 48th St now to see if they got a white one at Manny's. God help me if they do.

-------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Here's my So-Cal and I LOVE it! One fantastic guitar at a fantastic price IMO. I always get confused as to what the color is though. Is it Pegan or Pagen gold?

Comment

ewww a kahler

Comment

Originally posted by zakky_venom View Post
                        ewww a kahler
                        Them's fighten' words!
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          Them's fighten' words!
                          Amen brother! I love kahlers! I'd put my model 6 with the kahler up against any guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                            Them's fighten' words!
                            hah. they just arent my cup of tremolo tea

Comment

I think some of the negativity towards these guitars is by people with ulterior motives. I don't own a ton of original strat heads and worry that their value will be impacted by a glut of USA built strat heads on the market. I am not a Charvel Custom Shop dealer and worried that many potential cistomers won't stretch their budget for a CS now that they can grab these for less. I also don't build guitars that compete with these.

So, I just enjoy these things for what they are. A great feeling, great playing, great sounding, affordable, USA built Charvel with mainly the right features. And they cost me right around what it costs to build a Warmoth or Musikraft in the same spirit.

My production models can hold their own against my 1980 pre-pro and my 1984 pointy head.

Last edited by Chubtone; 04-05-2009, 10:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X