Problem with Floyd on So-Cal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Floyd on So-Cal

I just got my new So-Cal. It plays and sounds great, but I'm having a problem with the Floyd Rose. The bar won't stay tight. I tighten it as much I can (finger-tight) but if I move the bar counter-clockwise it loosens up again. Is this a Korean Floyd problem or will this also happen with a German model? How about if I replace the bar with one from an OFR? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

i've owned 6 of these production models with another on the way and not one of the bars stayed tight, no matter what. it's an easy fix though...buy a real german made floyd bar, it fits fine and stays tight. or better yet a whole german floyd and nut set-up

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I have the same problem with my JT580LP. I read somewhere that wrapping the threads in plumber's tape helps.
      Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
        I have the same problem with my JT580LP. I read somewhere that wrapping the threads in plumber's tape helps.
        +1

plumbers tape works perfectly. not to mention its much more cost-effective than replacing your entire bridge.

Comment

Stewmac's got the better floyd bars and housings. It's an easy swap, and they're a whole lot smoother/better.
          My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
            Stewmac's got the better floyd bars and housings. It's an easy swap, and they're a whole lot smoother/better.

+1....SM has the Schaller parts. Allparts will slip you a licensed piece of shit with the same goddamn problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
              +1....SM has the Schaller parts. Allparts will slip you a licensed piece of shit with the same goddamn problem.
              Anyone got a part number so we can tell the difference when ordering?
              -------------------------
              Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                Anyone got a part number so we can tell the difference when ordering?
                http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,...g_Tremolo.html

Comment

Thanks

Thanks fellas. I will at least get a new bar, eventually the whole Trem. I'm also looking into getting the old-style Floyd bar. It is available directly from Floyd. You have to e-mail them.

Comment

If the rest of the trem hasn't yet been proven to be a problem, why replace it?
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                    X