rewiring production models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rewiring production models

when i get my SoCal in a couple of weeks, im thinking of wiring for series/parallel, plus a treble bleed volume pot mod.

has anyone here done any special wiring in their production models? is there anything i should be warned about?

I added a mini-toggle to one SoCal, and dual-concentrics 500/250K pots, that's about it.

One SoCal was wired for V/T, and the other was wired as 2V: one 500K and the other 250K. The mini-toggle was to select between the pots. Didn't really make a noticeable difference, though. In some few areas you can hear it, but no drastic overall tone change.

So I'm going to rewire the mini as a splitter.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I am thinking of a couple of mods: An s-s-h with a 5-way switch and 1 vol, 1 tone; A P-Rail in the neck and the TZ in the bridge with the 1 vol, 1 tone, but with both being push-pull, for accessing all of the P-Rail's modes.

Comment

Originally posted by jet66 View Post
        I am thinking of a couple of mods: An s-s-h with a 5-way switch and 1 vol, 1 tone; A P-Rail in the neck and the TZ in the bridge with the 1 vol, 1 tone, but with both being push-pull, for accessing all of the P-Rail's modes.
        that sounds awesome! i just out some p-rails in my ibanez and theyre amazing!

wouldnt that make it an HSH?

Comment

I'll make two separate versions: One ssh, probably with 2 Virtual Vintage singles and a Tone Zone, and the other will be an hh with just the P-Rail and TZ.

Comment

Originally posted by jet66 View Post
            I'll make two separate versions: One ssh, probably with 2 Virtual Vintage singles and a Tone Zone, and the other will be an hh with just the P-Rail and TZ.
            if youre going for virtual vintages , you should check the area '58 s

Comment

I've heard a lot of good about those and the Area 67. I've got a Blues and Heavy Blues in another guitar, I definitely think the VV's are a good series.

Rockledge, eh? Palm Bay, here.

Comment

oh coool!

i think im going to put 58's and a 61 in a warmoth strat if i ever get the money

Comment

Working...
                X