Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charvel pic-TMZ and So-Cal

Hey Guys,

Glad to finally be a part of this awesome forum. I have been lurking here for the past few weeks and wanted to introduce myself. I have gotten great info here especially about the So-Cals. I also want to thank Nick from Piney Hills for helping me out, a great guy to deal with! Anyways, here are a couple of my guitars I wanted to share with you all. I have changed out the pickguard on the So-Cal, also the other one is a Music Zoo Mahogany SD model. Look forward to hanging out with ya.

Nice set. I'm like 50-50 on the natural TMZ models. I likes me some paint covering the nekkidness.

Did you keep the dimarzios in the Socal?
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Nice! Cool pic!
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Nice axes! I'm a huge fan of the TMZ Naturals. I have 3 of 'em!
        I don't have access to any SoCals, though.
        Can you compare the SoCal to the TMZ, especially in terms of neck shape?

Comment

Thanks for the compliments. I do have Dimarzios in it, I just had some of the same model pickups that came stock but without the logos...not a big fan of the advertisement on my pups. Though I have tried other pups I have reverted back to the stock versions. Though all that may change later...I'm always looking for the tone. But thus far I'm very happy with it.

As for the neck comparisons, real close. The production model So Cal is really sweet for a non-custom guitar. I was impressed with the neck and it feels similiar to the Music Zoo. I actually just big blocked the MZ guitar and like the difference alot. I also have Seymour Duncan model '78's in both positions. Nice combination.

Comment

Hey how come the new guy has such cool stuff?

Welcome to the forum.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

welcome , nice guitars

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                Hey how come the new guy has such cool stuff?

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks for the warm reception. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears went into my toys, that's for sure. I have played through all the other stuff, but ultimately went back to where it all started for me. I have enjoyed seeing other members equipment too.

Did I mention I also have one of the newer Style 1's with my name on it coming to me as soon as they come out? It's the white one with the purty Zebras

Comment

Nice guitars and I LOVE all the Marshalls in the back! Welcome and be sure to post pics of the white one when you get it! Thanks also for the neck comparison!

Comment

love the Music Zoo natural with 2 hum layout....
                    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                      Nice guitars and I LOVE all the Marshalls in the back! Welcome and be sure to post pics of the white one when you get it! Thanks also for the neck comparison!
                      Yeah, I noticed the small and large logo Marshall JMP's in the background too
                      Welcome to the forum!
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        Yeah, I noticed the small and large logo Marshall JMP's in the background too
                        Welcome to the forum!

The 3 Marshalls in the background are a 1979 JMP Master Volume, a 1974 Non Master Volume Superlead, and finally a 1976 Non Master Volume Superlead. All of them 100 watters. I have loaded in one of the 4x12's Celestion Pre Rola's and in the other cab, 2 Pre Rolas from 1968 and 2 Weber Greenback Pre Rola clones.

Comment

Nice man, I have a TMZ also, great guitar.
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

I really like mine too. They guys at TMZ are really nice and very helpful.

Comment

I bet you get a great brown sound from those Marshalls

Welcome Jmpman!
                              www.vendetta-theband.com
                              www.atomhawk.com

Comment

Working...
                              X