So it's official then....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So it's official then....

....black is just about the least popular colour of the production series!

To me, black is more 'fashion proof', easier to touch up chips on and, when the light catches them at just the right angle, they give a flash of 'wow!!!'.

Richtone music in the UK have some superb photos of a black SD1 if you're not convined.

Try

www.richtonemusic.co.uk

and search for the charvels

or go for the google image page

http://images.google.co.uk/images?gb...k&start=0&sa=N
    Last edited by alanhindle; 05-15-2010, 06:15 PM.

Black is so hard to photograph! That pic looks pretty decent.

Comment

I'm a fan of black guitars and own a few black ones... But yet when I'm buying, black will be a last resort for me :think: Crazy huh?? When I bought my new SD Style one... I bought Slime Green
      I'm sure the Black Charvel Pro Mods are selling. When I look on ebay, I see more of the "limited" colors for sale than I do black, as well as being parted out lately.
      Don

Comment

I like all colors of guitars, but you can never go wrong with black.

Comment

Whatever blows yer hair back. Personally, I'm not a fan of black guitars of any kind be they Jackson, Charvel Ibeenhad, whatever. I tend to gravitate toward guitars that have character to them, or guitars that are a little different from the norm. I guess that's why I like quilt tops so much, because no two quilts are alike.
          Black guitars say "hey, I'm boring and have no imagination."
          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

"Black guitars say "hey, I'm boring and have no imagination."

That's what Frampton and Syke's Les Pauls said to them!
            "POOP"

Comment

The only thing that black guitars say to me is "hey, you missed a spot"
              Just can't keep fingerprints off them
              Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
                The only thing that black guitars say to me is "hey, you missed a spot"
                Just can't keep fingerprints off them
                That's a "good thing". It lets me know when people have been pawing my black guits while I was out!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                  That's what I think about flame and quilt.

Nah, seriously (just a little true) - I bought my black San Dimas after trying out everything Manny's had in stock - this one played and sounded the best:

How's that for reflective?
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                    Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                    That's what I think about flame and quilt.
                    Zing!!

I thought flame & quilt said "I need an ostentatious top on my guitar so everyone assumes I spent a lot of money on it",
                    or
                    "I need a pretty guitar to draw everyone's attention away from the fact that I don't know what I'm doing with it"
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

i only play black guitars... or guitars with graphic or tops as long as the bases are black.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                        "I need a pretty guitar to draw everyone's attention away from the fact that I don't know what I'm doing with it"
                        And play on the neck pickup with the tone control rolled all the way down.
                        -------------------------
                        Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by SEEGERMANY View Post
                          "Black guitars say "hey, I'm boring and have no imagination."

That's what Frampton and Syke's Les Pauls said to them!
                          I thought of that after I posted. For some reason, I don't think of black Les Pauls the same way. >shrug< Maybe it's the binding and inlays that make them more interesting.

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          Zing!!

I thought flame & quilt said "I need an ostentatious top on my guitar so everyone assumes I spent a lot of money on it",
                          or
                          That's prolly true. There's a reason I have no youtube vids posted. Seriously, I just like nice guitars with pretty wood or nice paint. Not that they play or sound any better, they're just more interesting to me. There are Billions of black guitars out there and you see em every day. It's not every day you see a San Dimas with a nice quilt and a birdseye neck. Maybe it's an art thing idk.
                          Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 03-19-2009, 12:16 AM.
                          Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

Nothing wrong w/a black guitar. I like the black SD a lot. Can't quite see the beauty in a black SoCal w/a black pick guard though. That is, unless you're going for the blackout look. then I guess it works?

Black, red, blue and natural always work for me. But I can do w/o the neon and glitter look. So I like the black SD best. Red would work if it was just red. The glitz red just doesn't work for me.
                            In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

I may be picking up a black SD1 tomorrow... havent really decided weather I want it or not, but I LOVE how the SD1 looks in black.
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                              X