Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4th Batch - What Do You Think the "Twist" Is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4th Batch - What Do You Think the "Twist" Is?

Don't vote for what you want - vote for what you think it actually is.
    Star Body (instead of Tele)
    11.67%
    White Base Color (instead of Black)
    18.33%
    Rosewood Fretboards
    16.67%
    Single Hum Layouts
    21.67%
    Matching Headstocks
    1.67%
    None of the Above / Something Else
    30.00%
    Last edited by shreddermon; 03-13-2009, 09:17 AM.

I voted White base color (instead of Black).

It's possible Mike left out the third guitar on purpose to trick us. Then again, I'm sure dealers have informed them that the Style 2 isn't moving like the others. Maybe they finally dropped it and the 3 guitars in the teaser are a base-white Style 1, a CT Style 1, and a Purple SoCal.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I want it to be a star body, but I'm guessing rosewood...???
      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

wow a star would be very very cool,but i guess the white is more realistic,as a white SoCal will be a huge seller.

Comment

Rosewood boards.

Comment

I'm thinking rosewood.

A. Someone who prefers white guitars will buy a black guitar if it has other features they like.
            B. Someone who prefers rosewood fretboards will not buy a maple board no matter what color it is.

Then C. = Rosewood boards will move more product.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
              A. Someone who prefers white guitars will buy a black guitar if it has other features they like.
              I have to disagree with you on this point. I love white guitars and would not settle for a black guitar, even with other features. The only reason I would buy a black guitar is to have it refinished. To me, black is a blank canvass begging for a graphic. LOL But that's just my personal preference as I know a lot of other people love black guitars.

And my guess for the "twist" is white with a matching headstock.

Comment

Rosewood boards as an option would be the cheapest change.
                I'm still voting Star body though.
                Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Probably the white base color, but I wish it was a rosewood board option instead.
                  Dave

Comment

The power of the 1-hum compels you!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                      I have to disagree with you on this point. I love white guitars and would not settle for a black guitar, even with other features. The only reason I would buy a black guitar is to have it refinished. To me, black is a blank canvass begging for a graphic. LOL But that's just my personal preference as I know a lot of other people love black guitars.

And my guess for the "twist" is white with a matching headstock.
                      Notice I didn't say people who "hate" black guitars - which you clearly do. That's OK - I hate guitars with ridiculous flame and quilt tops.

But like you said - you can change a black guitar to something you like by adding a graphic - you can't do the same with a maple fretboard.
                      -------------------------
                      Blank yo!

Comment

It seems like a white body and/or matching headstock would be the easiest 'twists,' but I'm hoping for an M. Night Shyamalan style twist. The Sixth Sense kind, not The Happening kind.

Comment

I agree with the white but I'm thinking something else is in the works, like rosewood boards and a pointy headstock with the truss rod adjustment at the headstock.

Comment

I predict a twist that has to do with the pickups.

Comment

Most logically, itll be Rosewood boards.

I sure hope its not 1 hum... sure, 1 hums look cool, but I know that personally I prefer the versatility of a neck pup too.
                              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Working...
                              X