production series floyd questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• production series floyd questions

Does anyone know what the block length on the floyd on the production series charvels is? Im thinking 42 mm but I want to make sure.

Here's a pic of mine...

37mm
    Don

Comment

37 mm

Comment

Thanks guys, just what I needed.

Comment

someone getting a big block by any chance?

Comment

Originally posted by timstar5150 View Post
            someone getting a big block by any chance?
            Nah, Im building a mutt using an SD1 body and just need to know which size floyd will drop right in with no issues.

Comment

Another quick question about the production series. Do they have the gasket under the neckplate? Also, are the pickup rings angled at all and are they fairly short, thin?

Comment

Yes on the gasket,

The pup rings are fairly short,
                Don

Comment

Cool, Thanks. I cant wait til this body arrives. Im lovin the slime green. I hope it doesnt reject my Ft Worth plate or the plastic cavity covers I have.

Comment

Don, how about the tuners... Do you like the Grovers? Do they seem cheap or high quality?

thx.

Comment

Tuners seem fine to me, though it's Floyded, so they don't see much use.

CB - One thing you might want to watch for is the difference in screw diameter. IIRC some of the old models had fatter neck screws than what are used today, which also means modern bolt holes are going to be thinner.

Of course I haven't compared the new Charvel neck bolts directly - that's just something I ran across when putting a recent DK2M neck on an older import body.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                        Tuners seem fine to me, though it's Floyded, so they don't see much use.

CB - One thing you might want to watch for is the difference in screw diameter. IIRC some of the old models had fatter neck screws than what are used today, which also means modern bolt holes are going to be thinner.

Of course I haven't compared the new Charvel neck bolts directly - that's just something I ran across when putting a recent DK2M neck on an older import body.
                        Newc, thanks for that tip. I did think of that as Ive run into that problem too before. I was hoping that this body used the fatter screws. I have both but Id hate to have to use toothpicks and glue on my M4 neck screw holes right off the bat.

Comment

Working...
                        X