What do you guys think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think?

Ive got this nice model 4 neck that I was looking for a body for. Theres this slime green loaded production model body on ebay for a bit more than Im willing to spend right now. What do you think of the concept though? If Im gonna make an offer on it Id be interested in what you guys thing about it. I know I like it and thats what counts most but Id be interested to see how you guys feel about it.

Like it
    Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Pretty cool. I'd prolly try to score a tele body and make a Model 7 clone, though. Why they put stratheads on those I'll never know...

Comment

In general, I like it. Green is one of my favorite colors and that Slime Green is a nice shade but it's not quite "right" IMHO.

I think a maple board would look better with green but ebony/really, really dark rosewood would be fine too. How dark is your neck's board?

If you can get the neck dark enough, it would blend nicely into the headstock's black. Another option would be too get the headstock painted to match the body and get a black logo to tie it together with the hardware.

I've really got a thing for tying the various elements of a guitar's colors together which is why I'm being so nitpicky.

Comment

I agree with Matt B. The rosewood in the custom shop generator is just too light for that color green.
          Scott

Comment

Yeah, the rosewood on my model 4 neck is much darker than that. Also, the sharfins are mop and it has a kahler stringlock and not the floyd nut shown. Thats as close as I could get to the slime green without spending too much time on it. Btw, is there an easier way to save your creations than by using print screen? Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

I really like the green slime color and was thinking of doing that same project with a model series neck. My neck is dot inlay (not sharkies) but the rosewood is super dark. I'd love to see real photos if you go through with the project. I'm in the middle of three projects now so I won't start mine for several months.

Comment

I like it. I say go for it.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Yup, looks mega cool!
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Meh, IMO the brown doesn't really mesh with the Green. Maybe it's the lightness of the Generator's rosewood, I dunno.

Aside from that, there's no way in hell I'd pay $500 for the body alone
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have no problem with rosewood against green. I like it enough that I had one shipped from overseas.....

Hail yesterday

Comment

I think it looks quite good, though the darker the rosewood, the better with that color. But I like seeing brighter colors these days. I know the economy is all doom and gloom, but that doesn't mean that guitars have to follow that trend.
                        Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                          I have no problem with rosewood against green. I like it enough that I had one shipped from overseas.....

Now that's a nice one! I'm sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Meh, IMO the brown doesn't really mesh with the Green. Maybe it's the lightness of the Generator's rosewood, I dunno.

Aside from that, there's no way in hell I'd pay $500 for the body alone
                            Youre right. I couldnt do it either. $500 was too much considering that I have most of the stuff that the loaded body comes with. I ended up getting the stripped down one for $249. I figured for a nice Usa body with a custom color it wasnt a bad deal since all the other stuff will cost me next to nothing as I have it already. Just a few little odds and ends to pick up. Hopefully it will end up being a special guitar for me. Ill post some pics with the body and neck when it arrives.

Comment

As promised, pics of the body neck combo. Luckily my neck screws were the perfect one for this application, the longer, fatter ones.

The only thing that bothers me a tiny bit is in the trem cavity there has been some minor sanding or shaving on the one side. Its very minor but I wish they would have covered it with some paint at least. I cant wait to get all my stuff together for this.!

Comment

Working...
                              X