I'm a new Pagen Gold So-Cal owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a new Pagen Gold So-Cal owner!

Guys I have to say I'm eating my words on these. When they first came out with the USA production series I just wasn't that impressed but I'm eating my words now! My local dealer got in a Pagen Gold So-Cal that I've been eyeing for a few weeks and it just tore me up everytime I walked in and saw it! I sold a few things and said that I was gonna just put the money back and hold on to it but I was weak! HA HA! I absolutely LOVE this guitar! It's the epitomy of a "workhorse" guitar and will probably be one of my main players. I love the straty type tones it gets as well as the meaty ones. I'd at first thought to change the layout and put some single coils in it but I've since changed my mind the more I play it. I probably will put a different pickguard on it with a 5-way blade switch though. Here's a pic and a link to some more at the bottom! YYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/a...ection%20pics/

Dig it man... congrats on the new addition. I was up in the air about SD vs Socal. I went with SD because the one I bought just played and sounded bettr to me, but I still think about a Socal now and again. They'd really hve to do a color that screams at me to get me to bite... (cough cough slime green)
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

Congrats.

Love that color on the SoCal.

Comment

I'm really digging this guitar!

Comment

Man, congrats on the guitar!

I was playing one of the tangerine so cals I brought in for a customer and I REALLY want one now, I was on the fence before but if I can get one in that played as well as this one, then I see a roundy guitar in my future!

C

Comment

I'll be honest, when my dealer got the first batch in I knocked them pretty hard. Then I played some after he'd set them up a little better and I thought, if they come out with a color in the So-Cal that really strikes my fancy then I'd end up with one. When I heard that they were doing the So-Cal in Pagen Gold I knew I was in trouble! HA HA! It's a fantastic guitar and I can't complain at all, especially for the money!

Comment

All 3 are great...but wow, that pagan just jumps out at ya! very cool!

Comment

cool...me too...'cept mine's in pieces right now!

Comment

Nice Charvies there Keith. Glad to see you kept the pointy 2 hum Charvel. I thought you had it up for sale a while back. The Gold looks great on the So-Cal. I picked up a Candy Tangerine So-Cal a few months ago myself. I like the Dimarzios in these and I'm also a fan of one volume, no tone knob so I'm not changing anything on mine.
                  Rudy
                  www.metalinc.net

Comment

I totally missed the red pointy the first time around on this thread - that thing is boner worthy - I totally dig it!
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Congrats on the SoCal - I definitely love my 3
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                        Nice Charvies there Keith. Glad to see you kept the pointy 2 hum Charvel. I thought you had it up for sale a while back. The Gold looks great on the So-Cal. I picked up a Candy Tangerine So-Cal a few months ago myself. I like the Dimarzios in these and I'm also a fan of one volume, no tone knob so I'm not changing anything on mine.

Actually I did have it up for a brief time. Luckily though circumstances allowed me to keep it and now even get a So-Cal !

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                          I totally missed the red pointy the first time around on this thread - that thing is boner worthy - I totally dig it!

THANKS! It's definately a nice guitar! It's got an ebony board on it that's just to die for!

Comment

Originally posted by beachjammer View Post
                            Actually I did have it up for a brief time. Luckily though circumstances allowed me to keep it and now even get a So-Cal !
                            Thats great to hear that Keith. I'm glad you're getting to keep the guitars you enjoy
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I got the green So Cal. If they put out a white one i will get it. If not i will nail the PG Sol Cal at work. The only thing i am going to change is the three way switch to a five and a brass block for the floyd. I love mine. It's all i play anymore.

Comment

Working...
                              X