Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The J90C in this is a little bright, any recomendations for a new pickup?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The J90C in this is a little bright, any recomendations for a new pickup?

I need something that will tone this thing down a little, it is too bright in the "fret buzz, finger noise" area. The guitar is acoustically very very bright.

Cool guitar. I'm a JB man myself.
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
      Cool guitar. I'm a JB man myself.
      I've got a spare JB laying around, but I thought it would be way too bright.

Comment

Originally posted by oklaSTAR View Post
        I've got a spare JB laying around, but I thought it would be way too bright.
        Try it. I bet it works fine. just diddle around with the pole heights a bit and the pickup height. I bet you get something good out of it.

I could be wrong, but I got a hunch.
        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

The JB is brighter then the 90. A tone zone would work great . I really like the 90 but I have it in a basswood guitar.

Comment

Distortion? My Kelly is very bright acoustically and it just screams with the Distortion in it.
            Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              The JB is brighter then the 90. A tone zone would work great.
              +1. I've got a Tone Zone in my alder Charvel with maple board + OFR and I love it. The maple board and alder are smoothed out by the Tone Zone.
              Last edited by Matt_B; 02-23-2009, 10:26 AM.

Comment

A cheaper pickup like the L500L from bill lawrence is a good even toned pickup.Jb is about the same as a j-90c but not as hot imo....john
                I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

I really like the Duncan Custom that I put in my RR1.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

get an EVH78, nice and creamy or my favorite a '57 classic with the cover off or on.
                    can't go wrong.
                    Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

+2 on the Tone Zone.
                      Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

Who makes the tonezone pickups? What do they run price wise? whats their output?
                        I know the old saying that the value of an opinion is generally inversely proportional to the strength with which it is held.

Comment

Super D, 500T, J50BC, Invader, Super 3?

If you like the J90C but just want to shave it down slightly, a resistor and capacitor to ground out some of the highs might work. Like a 250K resistor and a .010 cap. Experiment with different values to find what works.

Or a 250K pot (if you are currently using a 500K pot).

Comment

Who makes the tonezone pickups? What do they run price wise? whats their output?
                            dimarzio-They are in the hot catagory , but not over the top. They use the alk 5 magnet so they are very versitile. $70.

Comment

My model 6 was too bright and i put a j-90c in it and it sounds better,but I got a l500l and put it in a ps-2 and I really like that tone.but I dont know if it would sound the same in the model 6?

Comment

Working...
                              X