socal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• socal

so I just traded a powerball for a brand new socal and a minty marshall 412.what have you guys been doing to inprove these new charvels.I can't seem to find any flaws with the guitar.so far the only thing throwing me off is the tonezone.I was never a fan of that PuP but it sounded good thru my amp.
    www.myspace.com/goreality1

I'd leave it as is if you like it. I like my Candy Tangerine and have not changed a thing. In fact over the past couple years I've become more of a fan of the Dimarzio Tone Zone so I was happy to learn the So-Cals were going to be released with them. I also don't mind the Knob of Death that everyone else seems to complain about
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

D-sonic in the bridge... sounds awesome

Comment

I love my Tone Zone, I just had to get used to it to find that sweet spot. As for customizing it, I'm leaving mine as is, but hey, they are made to be tweaked!
        Ratt & Roll

Comment

I played it today thru one of my marshalls and it sounded sweat.i found the tonezone a bit noisy but a ns2 solved that problem.I really don't understand why people are hating the knob.it is just a knob who cares...lol

Comment

Originally posted by magh8 View Post
            so I just traded a powerball for a brand new socal and a minty marshall 412.what have you guys been doing to inprove these new charvels.I can't seem to find any flaws with the guitar.so far the only thing throwing me off is the tonezone.I was never a fan of that PuP but it sounded good thru my amp.
            I have a Candy Tang and love it - no flaws. One mod I recommend is rubbing down the back of the neck with 0000 steel wool. After that the neck has a perfect broken in feel and is as smooth as glass. I was also able to remove the spacers under the nut and in the neck pocket. With the trem level I only got a small amount of buzz on the high E at the first fret only - which a quick file dressing on that fret solved.

Comment

So far I've replaced the pot with a concentric Volume/Tone knob. Since I've got 3 SoCals now, I'm going to set them up with different pickup configs - H-S-H, H-S-S, and S-S-S.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by vondran View Post
                I have a Candy Tang and love it - no flaws. One mod I recommend is rubbing down the back of the neck with 0000 steel wool. After that the neck has a perfect broken in feel and is as smooth as glass. I was also able to remove the spacers under the nut and in the neck pocket. With the trem level I only got a small amount of buzz on the high E at the first fret only - which a quick file dressing on that fret solved.

my neck feels like that already.I was very impressed with the neck on this guitar.i haven't noticed any buzz either.it has 9's on it now but this thing is getting tuned down very soon so after i set it up we'll see what happens.i think the tonezone is going to get ditched for either a 59 or steve's special..I may actually just put the evolution in the bridge and see what happens.i was just reading the specs on the dimarzio site so i am thinking it would be kinda like an (evolution)emg 85 in the bridge vs an (tonezone)81 in the bridge..(like the 85 way better in the bridge) or will it sound like shit????lol
                Last edited by magh8; 02-24-2009, 11:37 PM.

Comment

i now have dif' feelings on the tonezone.this pup is very chunky.I remember it being a bit overblown when i had used one last.I don't know if it is the guitar or what but i seems to be a perfect match for the guitar.very articulate and pronounced.it may stay stock....

Comment

what i did to improve my socal was not buy one

Comment

Working...
                    X