2nd qtr 09 Colors - let's speculate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd qtr 09 Colors - let's speculate

Ok, I guess we're going to keep this "tradition" going - what do you think the new colors will be for April-June?

I say:

Style 1: White (Gloss or Pearl)
    Style 2: Green (Candy Apple or Slime)
    SoCal: Red (Candy Apple or Ferrari)

I figure since they've been keeping one previous color and adding at least one new color with each consecutive run (Candy Green and Candy Blue for the 2nd run, re-using Candy Red, Slime Green and Purple for the 3rd run, re-using Pagan Gold), and because we've been begging maybe they'll do a White Style1?

Then again, the 2nd run was near Christmas, and we had Red, Blue (Blue Christmas), and Green, and the 3rd run hit just in time for Mardi Gras (Purple/Green/Gold), so maybe the 4th batch will hit around Easter? Maybe some soft pastel colors like Robin's Egg Blue? Canary Yellow? Salmon Pink?

Wouldn't mind a Hot/Neon Pink and/or Yellow to match the Slime Green....

Of course I'd also love a Candy Purple SoCal, but that's just me - I'd have the Mardi Gras SoCal set in Purple, Green, and Gold

I'm actually hoping against a white SoCal - we don't need a "Fake Jake", and Jackson has the "White Strat with pickguard" covered by the Adrian Smith sig

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Ferrari Red So Cal!! I want that. I hope they do.
    "Dear Dr. Bill,
    I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Hmmm. Now that I think about it, the Easter Colors would work. But, I wonder if Yellow Pearl would be better - it'd look kinda like a Peep, which is a good thing indeed

Pink Pearl for the Bunny Peeps, too.

Hell yeah - PEEP COLORS!

Hey Mike! MIIIIIKE!
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Then again...

If you read WAY too much into it (like I'm doing ) one could speculate that the color schemes relate to the nearest Holiday i.e.

1st run July-September - Red, Gold, Orange = Fall Colors = Thanksgiving (close enough)
        2nd run October-December - Red, Blue, Green = Christmas
        3rd run January-March - Purple, Green, Gold = Mardi Gras (though it was in February, not March)

So maybe the 4th run (April-June) will be Red, White, and Blue for Independence Day?

Nahhhh, Easter. Pastels and Candies.

Mmmmm. Candy.

Comment

With my luck they'll do a white style 2. No thanks. I wouldn't be surprised if they changed the base color from black to white for all three or even if they went to rosewood boards for all three.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

Go with the 'carrier' colors:

Poo Brown - UPS
            Orange - FedEx
            Hazard Yellow - DHL
            Royal Blue - USPS
            Bird Poop Grey/White - Carrier Pigeons

Comment

Style 1- Candy Tangerine
              Style 2- Snow white
              So. Cal - yellow pearl

Comment

they will probably use the same colors they have already used and just put them on different bodies. ..... Boring

Comment

Originally posted by KBRR View Post
                  they will probably use the same colors they have already used and just put them on different bodies. ..... Boring
                  Not necessarily. They introduced two new colors last time, so you never know.

Shouldn't they be putting out a teaser clip pretty soon?
                  Breaking Point, my all instrumental CD available here:
                  www.cdbaby.com/cd/richardjamessounds

http://www.amazon.com/Breaking-Point...92366&sr=301-1

http://youtube.com/user/jsrmusic

Comment

Couldn't go wrong with a white Style 1. A white SoCal with black pickguard would also rawk! . Hmmmmm, dark natural maybe? :think:
                    In an insane world, only the sane seem crazy.

Comment

If I had to guess, I think Newc has two of the three colors right.

Tele- Candy Green
                      SoCal- Candy Red
                      Strat - Candy Purple

I'd rather see a Candy Purple SoCal, though.

Comment

I would just like to see a snow white style 1 and I'll be happy.
                        "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                        I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

No guess on which body, but what about neon pink, bright yellow, and Ferrari red.
                          Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

I figure the green will move to the tele style as they are the one that didn't have that run yet.
                            Graffitti Yellow
                            Shell Pink or Hot Pink.

I'm wondering if they are going to sub the tele style for a star for awhile? It seems that the tele's don't sell as well.
                            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

I bet we will get purple on the style 1 and white on the tele( can't be confused with Jake's or AS). Slime would look great on the socals. Gotta bring back the tangerine for something, that was the best color so far.
                              With all black hardware it's tough to come up with good colors.
                              I can see a fuschia, teal, silver, or champagne color working.

Comment

Working...
                              X