Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DeMartini Crossed Swords - Hardware question

All,

I've searched and found MANY images of the Demartini sig models (Bomber, Crossed Swords, Skull) and have noticed that every image I have dug up shows all models with black hardware (trem, tuners)

Did these come with chrome hardware at any point?

Thanks,
    Chris

the only ones with chrome hardware are Warren's original 80s guitars. the custom shop line of guitars for the public to buy all have black hardware for some reason. guess they did that for cost reasons even though it doesn't match his originals. i questioned why that was done when they first came out.

-Mike
    www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

I'm guessing since they used chrome on the EVH's, they chose black for the DeMartini's. Just a guess.
      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Okay,

I guess that answers that question.

What about the GMW replicas? I see alot of posts referencing these DeMartini replicas with stratheads, but all of the pics are broken links. Did they have chrome hardware and charvel logos on the headstocks?

Comment

Yes, you could get chrome hardware on the GMW replicas. I'm not sure if they came with Charvel logos from the GMW factory, but many logos were added after the fact.

Comment

Lee would put on whatever color hardware the customer would order. But most GMW DeMartini replicas matched Warren's original Charvels. Lee would not add a Charvel logo though. The headstocks came blank and the customer added the Charvel logo if they wanted it. And I still haven't heard a good reason why Charvel reissued Warren's guitars with all black hardware. Anyways, here's a couple of my GMW DeMartinis. They are amazing guitars.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
              Lee would put on whatever color hardware the customer would order. But most GMW DeMartini replicas matched Warren's original Charvels. Lee would not add a Charvel logo though. The headstocks came blank and the customer added the Charvel logo if they wanted it. And I still haven't heard a good reason why Charvel reissued Warren's guitars with all black hardware. Anyways, here's a couple of my GMW DeMartinis. They are amazing guitars.

Wow! I didn't know you had these. Very nice set!
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

chrome

i have rob lanes backdoor replica - its outfitted with chrome. i much prefer it that way.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by CMH (OH) View Post
                  All,

I've searched and found MANY images of the Demartini sig models (Bomber, Crossed Swords, Skull) and have noticed that every image I have dug up shows all models with black hardware (trem, tuners)

Did these come with chrome hardware at any point?

Thanks,
                  Chris
                  They come with Black Hardware per Warren's Specifications. He chose the black over Chrome for his signature models.

Hope this helps...

Mike

Comment

What's Warren playing, though? His Performance guitars, right? How did they get away with making those guitars?
                    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                      What's Warren playing, though? His Performance guitars, right? How did they get away with making those guitars?

He is playing his Charvel's. Last show I saw, he played the Signature Model's for most of the show. He throws in a healthy dose of his original Charvel's as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X