6629 Showed up today, broken :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6629 Showed up today, broken :(

I got it from music go round in louisville kentucky, the pics they sent looked great but when it was shipped the strings were at full tension and there was too much bubble wrap in the case behind the headstock. it must have fallen in the hands of ups and it broke. a really good crack behind the first fret.

They are giving me a full refund as soon as it arrives back to them so I need a 2 hum pointy!!! help me out and find me one. I don't want a rosewood fretboard at all but ebony and maple are welcome. It's gotta be a 2hum or 1hum 1single with a floyd, no v trems.
    This space for rent

Major bummer. Sorry that happened to you.

Comment

Damn that sucks.

Comment

UPS seems to be the worse at busting stuff.

Sad to see one more vintage axe killed.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          UPS seems to be the worse at busting stuff.
          You mean best at busting stuff. Seriously, that sucks dude. hope you get refunded.
          Sam

Comment

Anyone got a San dimas pointy for sale? No rosewood boards, or single hums. Gotta be a floyd rose 2 hums or 1 hum 1 single, ebony or maple. Color doesn't matter.

Let me know!!!
            405-659-9830
            [email protected]
            This space for rent

Comment

Dude, in 6 years you haven't heard that we have a Classifieds section here and that posting Want Ads like that is a violation of board policy?

Phone a dealer or two.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

That sucks! sounds more like the shop is to blame and not UPS. Rapping the headstock up too much makes it the area that takes all the shock in shipping.

Comment

Here's the Broken Record Brigade:

Sellers, loosen the strings and never use UPS.

Buyers, demand the above from your sellers .
                  "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

What kind of case was it shipped in?
                    Dave

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Here's the Broken Record Brigade:

Sellers, loosen the strings and never use UPS.
                      Doesn't matter if the strings are loosened or not.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It was a G&G case. they put bubble wrap BEHIND the headstock when it was shipped. I think it fell flat and the bubble wrap did just the opposite of its job. anywho, i've found a wayne charvel i think i'll pick up instead.
                        This space for rent

Comment

Oh that sucks.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

There's a good chance the guitar had the wrong type of case. That was a pretty early one, and it took them forever to start using a case for the pointies that didn't have the headstock resting on the bottom. Once they finally got that right, you still need to add packing material around the body to keep it from shifting forward and letting the headstock slam into the end of the case. Whichever case it had, you're right about the bubble wrap being a bad idea. The headstock shouldn't be touching anything.

Comment

USPS always seem to dent every case shipped to me from USA. This is the same company we're talking about, right? My first Warrior escaped unharmed with it's headstock wrapped in bubblewrap. The case took such a belting, the interior mould was shifted. My 2nd Warrior wasn't bubblewrapped, and there was only a small dent in the case, the interior mould was fine. Having said that, I picked up the 2nd Warrior from Parcelforce's depot instead of letting them delivery it to my door.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X