• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar World looks at the Charvel USA Production Models

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Q2aV...e=channel_page

Killer!

coolio....nice to see these guitars getting exposure
    www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
    My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

I wonder how many times in his life this reviewer has said "Check this out..."

Are they going to post a correction about the pickup route in the next issue?
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        Are they going to post a correction about the pickup route in the next issue?
        +1

That was a pretty goofy error on the part of the GW reviewer. I mean, is there an electronics cavity on the back of the SoCal's body? No. So, clearly, the guitar is top-routed and (based on the standard pickups) has at least a hum-hum route. You'd think that, before making such statements, they'd at least fact check it with the manufacturer's rep. And, if they had, they would've been informed of the H-S-H route underneath.

Can't understand how they could've possibly gotten that wrong. All he had to do was flip the guitar over. :think: And, IMHO, that PU route "hot rodding" flexibility is one of the coolest features of the SoCal.

Cool to see them getting the review exposure, nonetheless.

Comment

Neat video.
          "Dear Dr. Bill,
          I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

"Style2 1 2H"?
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Great to see the guitars getting some press. They really are nice guitars.

Comment

YES!!!! I liked his review overall, but he could have done a little better research and fewer mistakes. 9.5/10
                Ratt & Roll

Comment

man im gassy
                  thinking about getting the socal for hot rodding

Comment

Like I said on another thread - I love that Charvels are getting the exposure in the reviews and that the reviews have been positive. That's going to let people know they're out there and generate interest.

I love the enthusiasm the GW reviewers have for the guitars - they clearly like them a lot.

In that light, I can live with the inaccuracies and errors in the reviews - and not a single mention of the controversial volume knob (which I like).

What I don't get is why the reviewer felt the need to describe (incorrectly) what was under the pickguard - I've never heard that in a review. I've read and seen tons of Strat reviews, and never has one of the reviews said - "by the way, theres wood cutaway from there so that there's room for electronics." It just don't make much sense to me.
                    -------------------------
                    Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                      Like I said on another thread - I love that Charvels are getting the exposure in the reviews and that the reviews have been positive. That's going to let people know they're out there and generate interest.

I love the enthusiasm the GW reviewers have for the guitars - they clearly like them a lot.

In that light, I can live with the inaccuracies and errors in the reviews - and not a single mention of the controversial volume knob (which I like).

What I don't get is why the reviewer felt the need to describe (incorrectly) what was under the pickguard - I've never heard that in a review. I've read and seen tons of Strat reviews, and never has one of the reviews said - "by the way, theres wood cutaway from there so that there's room for electronics." It just don't make much sense to me.

Just a guess, but an educated one... when I explained the So-Cal, the subject of the route came up. I noted that during the design phase, we opted NOT to go with what you would normally expect... a swimming pool route.

We felt that the tone was better with what WE call a Universal route... It allows for HSS, HSH, H and SSS. Make sense? We take out less wood but still allow for proper pickup location. If it was a strict HSH route, you would not be properly locating the middle single coil.

It was more than likley a misunderstanding. I have talked with them... it's all good!

Great review and I think like many of you, it's a good thing to get the word out about how killer and special these guitars are. I really appreciate the fact that they liked them so much.

Later, have a great weekend...

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X