zen iii HELL YEAH !!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zen iii HELL YEAH !!!!!

Well, after lots of consideration ... should I leave it as is? should I send it to get painted? should I just put it back to black? etc. ... I found a site on the net (from http://www.customvinyldecalsnstickers.com) and ordered some matching kanji vinyl stickers. Then picked up another guitar (thanks to www.splawnguitars.com) with matching decals. Oh, now these are f'n awesome. Comments are appreciated!

Once again ... HELL YEAH!!!!!!
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

The black one looks great. Not so convinced by the red...
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

In person, the red graphic on the black guitar is nowhere near as bright as it is in the pics. And the black graphic on the red guitar is easier to see. I'll try to get some outside shots at some point so you guys can get a better idea, but both are totally kewl.

Comment

Looks pretty cool, I bought my WR1 from Splawn. Ya know you could probably find a starving art school student to do the Kanji painting for CHEAP CHEAP, and throw in some Japanese tattoos too.

Comment

I'm not into the whole Japanese writing thing, but if it floats your boat, I say go full bore and have it painted. I think the stickers kind of just look like stickers.
          -------------------------
          Blank yo!

Comment

But they only look like stickers because you were told they were stickers.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If a guitar in the woods has stickers...

Hey, I like them.
              They both kick ass.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

their great the way there are. any more and it will be an eye sore. one thing you might try is change the logo color to match? sweet guitars man!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  But they only look like stickers because you were told they were stickers.
                  No, they look like stickers. You can a. see the edges around them, b. the difference in finish as they are matte and the guitar's finish is glossy.
                  Blank yo!

Comment

I'd rather put stickers on first, and if i really do like it and hate the look of actual stickers, then maybe paint it. I think the black one is cool.

Comment

Actually, the stickers are glossy, not matte. I think it's clear in the pictures that they're reflecting light just like the paint is. Again, cameras are weird. In person, the edges are hard to see, and they're shiny. Paint would cost me about $300 or more per guitar, which is why I opted for this. I think the decal option is much better for what I wanted to do. If I wanted a flaming skull or something similar with more detail, paint would be the way to go, but for such a simple design, I think stickers make more sense.

Comment

2 real nice axes- Don't know if it fits the theme, you painted it twice already, but the black one needs some blood drips next.

Comment

Originally posted by thetruthguy View Post
                          Actually, the stickers are glossy, not matte. I think it's clear in the pictures that they're reflecting light just like the paint is. Again, cameras are weird. In person, the edges are hard to see, and they're shiny. Paint would cost me about $300 or more per guitar, which is why I opted for this. I think the decal option is much better for what I wanted to do. If I wanted a flaming skull or something similar with more detail, paint would be the way to go, but for such a simple design, I think stickers make more sense.
                          As long as you're happy - that's what's important. I would opt for having it refinished if I wanted to do something like that.
                          Blank yo!

Comment

SICK!!! those don't look like stickers at all, it looks professionally painted. Very cool
                            Ratt & Roll

Comment

What does the Kanji say in English?

Comment

Working...
                              X