Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 New USA Charvel's...and my career so far

JCF Bros,

I've been inactive for a long time. Mostly because of my job. It's been pretty hectic...I'm now stationed up in Alaska at Fort Richardson. I'm a grenadier in my fire team (I carry an M4 with an M203 grenade launcher. I'm also the breacher, so I have a Mossberg 500 12ga) Been jumping regularly...in fact I jumped yesterday and have two more next week. We deploy very soon, so that's been on my mind as well.

Now for the meat and potatoes of this thread...my new Charvel's. One is a So-Cal in black I purchased last month and the other is a NAMM '06 Custom in Chlorine Quilt that I just snagged today. Pics...

And now for the NAMM piece...warning: you WILL shit your pants.

It's good to be back in the game.
    -David

David:

1) Welcome back!
    2) Love the chlorine Charvel.
    3 Thanks for your service!

Regards,

- E.
    Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Wowzers!That NAMM Charvie is stunning.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thank you, to both of you.

Comment

very cool....enjoy them
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Outstanding, DM!

That NAMM reminds me of a PC1.
            Looks like a mahogany body from the back.
            How's the neck profile on it?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexL View Post
              David:

1) Welcome back!
              2) Love the chlorine Charvel.
              3 Thanks for your service!
              +1000

Real nice custom shop.
              Hey, I was up in Alaska for Brimfrost back in '85 or so.
              Spent a month up there.
              "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
              --floydkramer

Comment

Ok, I shat, now what do I do?

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by DRM View Post
                  JCF Bros,

I've been inactive for a long time. Mostly because of my job. It's been pretty hectic...I'm now stationed up in Alaska at Fort Richardson. I'm a grenadier in my fire team (I carry an M4 with an M203 grenade launcher. I'm also the breacher, so I have a Mossberg 500 12ga) Been jumping regularly...in fact I jumped yesterday and have two more next week. We deploy very soon, so that's been on my mind as well.

Now for the meat and potatoes of this thread...my new Charvel's. One is a So-Cal in black I purchased last month and the other is a NAMM '06 Custom in Chlorine Quilt that I just snagged today. Pics...

And now for the NAMM piece...warning: you WILL shit your pants.

It's good to be back in the game.
                  -David
                  Namm guitar = HOLY FUCK!!!!!!

Comment

Nice chlorine! Congrats.

Comment

Chlorine FTW!!!

Comment

Killer guitars! Wow Alaska, what is that like at this time of the year?
                        Just one more guitar!

Comment

Originally posted by scotty View Post
                          Killer guitars! Wow Alaska, what is that like at this time of the year?
                          Avoid it in January. It's too cold to enjoy the scenery. Somedays, it would be -35, then the next it would be in the +30's. The other day, it was 22 degrees and I was wearing shorts.

It's beautiful here in Anchorage. I don't know too much about up north, but around here it's amazing. I'll post pics in a seperate thread and link it from this one.

If you want to really see Alaska, you need to come up here in the summer. It's around the mid-60's all day, almost 24 horus of sunlight, and the wildlife aren't hibernating. Take a week or two up here in the Chugach mountains if you get the chance. You won't regret it.

-David

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                            Ok, I shat, now what do I do?

I would recommend changing your underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                              Outstanding, DM!

That NAMM reminds me of a PC1.
                              Looks like a mahogany body from the back.
                              How's the neck profile on it?
                              Yep, it's a Mahogany body with a decently thick quilt top. I've always GAS'd for a Chlorine PC-1, so this was a dream for me. And I snagged it for a rediculous price...far less than $2k, and I'll leave it at that.

The neck is amazing. It's thicker than my So Cal and a lot rounder. The fretwork is immaculate (like it should for being a custom shop guitar...) and the action almost sits on the frets. I have it strung with 9-42 Slinky's in standard and bending strings is just a breeze.

Usually, I'm not a fan of the JB but it has balls in the Mahogany body. I prefer the SH-6, but I'm liking how dynamic the JB is versus the DD. And the '59 in the neck is great.

Comment

Working...
                              X