Q for McD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q for McD

I have a first run SD-1 (red)the serial number is a 4 digit number 8339.
    Most of the new production run have 00XXXX.Mine does not have the 00.
    Any clue of why?I bought it from Willcutt Guitars in Ky.
    Odd thing I did not get a Charvel hang tag with the guitar.They told me they would try to find it if it had been misplaced.
    If they cannot would it be possible to get one thru J/C?
    I just picked it up today and it is absolutly perfect.Great tone and plays like butter.Lots of flame on the neck too which will look killer once I get it dirtied up a bit.
    The serial number has me wondering maybe this is a very early production guitar or a left over one from the regular batch.Maybe a NAMM left over.
    If you can help with finding info that would be very helpful.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I think this should go to Bionic not McD.
    Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Bionic would probably be the one to help with that - he's the Charvel King.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You probably have my custom Charvel's plate, someone's USA Jackson has your Charvel Production plate, and I have their Jackson plate. j/k

Comment

Ok Thanks.

Comment

OK I P.M'd Bionic so maybe he can shed some light on this one.
            Overall its a perfect guitar sounds/plays great set up is dead on.Shame no hang tag tho'.

Comment

Looking at busdrivers serial number chart for numbers 6000 on up it looks as tho' mine is the first candy red production 08 strathead.Cool.

Comment

The early production models had 4-digit s/n plates.

Comment

Here is a pic.
                  [/IMG]
                  [/IMG]

Comment

Someone else here has a 4-digit '08 Production Model with a nice flamey neck. I forget who it was.

Lucky ducks
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Greetings... there were a small number of USA Production Models that had the 4 digit plates. The Guitars were in production by the time we slid the new 6 digit scheme into the mix.

Hang tags are a Time Sensitive item. In other words, the people that sign them are the ones that happened to perform the various steps in order for you to have your guitar... It wont make sense to supply another with random signatures.

Killer guitar!

Mike

Comment

Mike, I heard that these 4-digit production models have German made OFRs and not the Korean ones. Is this true?

Comment

Thanks for the reply Mike.Next Q would a reps guitar even have come with a hang tag?I see your point tho'I hope the dealer can come up with it if they even got one with the guitar.
                          The set up was pretty good but I've done a little tweaking and its lots better now.
                          The JB absolutly screams now after a minor adj.
                          Haven't had it apart yet but will soon to check on the OFR for sure busdriver.I can tell you the sustain block is the same color as a German one if that is any indication.
                          Also the OFR is the same colorwise as my other German OFR's not the semi matt finish I've seen on the other production models.
                          Mike are there any special markings on the neck heel or in the neck pocket on the early/rep guitars I need to look for.I'm a Charvel geek I can't help it.LOL
                          Last edited by straycat; 02-10-2009, 03:21 AM.

Comment

You should be able to tell pretty quickly if the floyd is Korean by looking at the saddles. If the top rear edges of the saddles are beveled rather than squared off, it's Korean. Here's a side-by-side pic that Mike (XSSIVE) took, Korean one on the left:

Comment

Well it looks like mine is the Korean thanks dg.

Comment

Working...
                              X