Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stupid Qs? Did Charvel make USA's with pointy headstocks and ? about Charvel tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Qs? Did Charvel make USA's with pointy headstocks and ? about Charvel tele

Yeah.....basically I'm asking if Charvel USA guitars ever had pointy headstocks. I think i've only seen Fenderstyle headstocks.

2nd question: Was there ever a mid 80s USA, pointy headstock, tele with humbucker and floyd rose? I know a guy supposedly who has one, just curious if its true, haha.
    "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Yes, lots of them with pointyheads.

As for the Tele, it could be a Model 7 - Teleo body, reverse pointy headstock, licensed Floyd, and 2 hums. Of course, they were still a Custom Shop then, so it's possible to find a USA model that looked like anything.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

By 1986 all Charvels were being made in Japan, and USA production stopped. Jackson began making bolt ons in that year and that took over the USA Charvel line.
      "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
      Gotta get away from here.
      Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
      Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Cool guys thanks for the info. I remember the guy saying it had a reverse headstock, I betcha its a Japan, he wanted $250.
        "Yet, every little piss ant wanna' be death metal wiener will just carbon copy the next phase.." Kam Lee/Massacre

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

$250 ain't bad for a Model 7.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The Model 7 had singles and a hardtail bridge, no floyd or hums. That doesn't rule out a modded one, but it's worth checking into this one a little more, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
              By 1986 all Charvels were being made in Japan, and USA production stopped. Jackson began making bolt ons in that year and that took over the USA Charvel line.
              And then the pointy USA Charvel line came back around 2005.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                Not quite, the last USA Charvels were made in 1986. I own an s-head and it has the work order. Also, a bunch of the very last bolt-on "charvels" actually came with a charvel neckplate, but a "Jackson" logo on the headstock. While not commanding a premium, most still consider these to be charvels and not jacksons (although by that time the line was definately very blurred to say the least).

And yes, it is very possible that Charvel made a custom one of floyded tele with a pointy HS before effectivly ending US production. See neck plate for starters, but if it says Ft. Worth, then it is not a USA for sure.
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

One of the aforementioned Charvels with pointy, and a Jackson headstock decal.

One of the last 30 or so San Dimas Charvels built.
                  "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                  --floydkramer

Comment

Well if he wants $250 for a san dimas custom charvel, i better jump on that FAST. haha.

LEFTY METAL HEAD!

Comment

If the tele body is bound and tobacco sunburst buy it.The ones with the guitar shaped logo are 88-89 90 had the small script logo and those were called the legend.
                      The trans finish was an ash body the solid colors were basswood.
                      Model 7's are very cool.
                      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                      X