Purple Tele

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Tele

Well, since I haven't seen anyone posting pics of the Tele's I thought I'd throw a few up

Not sure how long I'll be holding onto it... I had ordered a Slime Green San Dimas, but this showed up in it's place ... It's kinda growing on me though, so dependent on the seller, and what they want to do, I may be holding on to it
    Don

I LOVE that color. Awesome.

Comment

I love the little amp next to it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogbone View Post

Not sure how long I'll be holding onto it... I had ordered a Slime Green San Dimas, but this showed up in it's place ...
        Ahh, you got that from bigapplemusic on Ebay? That's where I got my Pagan Gold SoCal from. They sent me an email saying they had quite a few problems where the wrong guitars were sent out to various buyers, and asked me to verify that I did in fact receive the Candy Tangerine SoCal.

I replied and said I got the Pagan Gold that was stated and shown in the auction.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Newc, I thought when you showed the pics of the Pagan Gold So Cal, and said what you picked it up for, that you must have got it from Big Apple. But yeah that was me that got the mix up on the guitars
          Glad to hear that you ended up with the correct guitar.
          Did you get the gigbag or any of the other case candy with yours??
          The Tele showed up with just the guitar and trem arm?? I questioned Big Apple about that along with the screw up on the guitars. They told me that is how they recieve the guitars from Charvel, with nothing. I told them that seemed pretty crazy that it has Dunlop strap lock buttons on the guitar, but no strap locks for the strap??
          Apperantly the person the ended up with the Slime Green San Dimas is out of town until Friday...But big apple told me they will pay to have the Tele picked up from me and returned to them... I told them to talk to the buyer that got the Slime Green, and ask them if they want it, and I'll keep the Tele. It's kind of growing on me Crazy I know... I'd sure like to play it though... But I won't until I know if I'm keeping it
          Don

Comment

Newc, I thought when you showed the pics of the Pagan Gold So Cal, and said what you picked it up for, that you must have got it from Big Apple. But yeah that was me that got the mix up on the guitars
            Glad to hear that you ended up with the correct guitar.
            Did you get the gigbag or any of the other case candy with yours??
            The Tele showed up with just the guitar and trem arm?? I questioned Big Apple about that along with the screw up on the guitars. They told me that is how they recieve the guitars from Charvel, with nothing. I told them that seemed pretty crazy that it has Dunlop strap lock buttons on the guitar, but no strap locks for the strap??
            Apperantly the person the ended up with the Slime Green San Dimas is out of town until Friday...But big apple told me they will pay to have the Tele picked up from me and returned to them... I told them to talk to the buyer that got the Slime Green, and ask them if they want it, and I'll keep the Tele. It's kind of growing on me Crazy I know... I'd sure like to play it though... But I won't until I know if I'm keeping it

FYI, the guitars come from Charvel with a Gig Bag and Strap Loc's. Also, the Candy Purple is way cooler in person than in Photo's!

Comment

Thanks for clearing that up Bionic I tried to explain this to Big Apple, but they where having none of it. They said that this is how the Fenders come in as well, with nothing, and that sometimes they get a special buy, as they supposedly did with the Charvels, hence nothing included. I sent Big Apple the spec sheet from Charvel, and they told me they thought only the So Cal came with the strap locks And said that they wouldn't remove anything that came with the guitar from Charvel. Right.... I told Big Apple that I wish they would have stated in the auction that it was only the guitar that I would be receiving. Generally when I buy a guitar being listed as Brand New, as they stated, I expect it to arrive with what the maufactuer included, unless stated otherwise... Crazy...
              They told me that they would find me a Gig Bag because of the mess up. So to make it right with me, there going to give me what I should have had with the guitar in the first place :idea:

And yes, I agree the Candy Purple does look really nice in person. Thats why I told Big Apple that I'd be OK with keeping the Tele if the other buyer is happy with the Slime Green I hope that Charvel will use this color again on one of the other models
              Don

Comment

And yes, I agree the Candy Purple does look really nice in person...I hope that Charvel will use this color again on one of the other models
                +2. I've seen it in person, and it is smokin' cool. But I have yet to see pictures that do that finish real justice. Would also love to see it on the SoCal or Strat models.

Comment

I hate to be a dick, but I won't be dealing with Big Apple Guitars it seems. Screwing up the order and then not including what comes with it....?

And NOT a dig on you DogBone, but that purple axe ain't "new" anymore. New means new to me. Might seem like a small point, but if I'm going new I want to be the the first guy to get my greasy paws on it. I have NO problem with used guitars, or used cars. But new is new. Being in someone's house, smoked around, dog hair, whatever- Super anal? Not really. I could give a shit about those things in a used axe. I'd not be thrilled for one that was new.

Charvel sends it that way? I want to call "bullshit" but will wait to hear from some of our dealers. If I knew there was a way to leave out the "candy" I'd say, cut $100 bucks off and order me one of them there "exploded" guitars (exploded being GC's term for a guitar that has somehow had the case sold out from under it).

Are they selling them way under $999 or something?

Vass

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                    I hate to be a dick, but I won't be dealing with Big Apple Guitars it seems. Screwing up the order and then not including what comes with it....?

And NOT a dig on you DogBone, but that purple axe ain't "new" anymore. New means new to me. Might seem like a small point, but if I'm going new I want to be the the first guy to get my greasy paws on it. I have NO problem with used guitars, or used cars. But new is new. Being in someone's house, smoked around, dog hair, whatever- Super anal? Not really. I could give a shit about those things in a used axe. I'd not be thrilled for one that was new.

Charvel sends it that way? I want to call "bullshit" but will wait to hear from some of our dealers. If I knew there was a way to leave out the "candy" I'd say, cut $100 bucks off and order me one of them there "exploded" guitars (exploded being GC's term for a guitar that has somehow had the case sold out from under it).

Are they selling them way under $999 or something?

Vass
                    I agree totally with you. Half my problem with returning the Tele, and getting the Slime Green is exactly what you stated. It's not new anymore. What if the other guy is pissed, and scratches up the Slime Green? What if he plays it, and leaves pick scratches on it, doesn't pack it up really well and it gets damaged in shipping?? Lot of variables play into this. I have not played the Tele yet. I won't until I know if I'm keeping it. I did unwrap the bubble wrap, and took the pics, but that has been my extent of it. I haven't played it yet. I wrapped the bubble wrap back aroud the guitar, and put it back in the box, where it sits.
                    But as you stated, it's now a used guitar.
                    I'm afraid to send it back, as I don't know what to expect in return know. Big Apple screwed up, and now both myself, and the person who recieved the Slime Green are both hosed
                    As far as the lack of accesories. Here is the respnse I recieved from Big Apple. This is in respone to the question I aksed about the lack of Gig bag, and the other case candy...

The reason why the gig bag and that were not listed, is because they were not included. I can get you allen wrenches for it. But they shipped without gig bags. And only certain models have strap locks. Strap locks are a definite no, wrenches can be obtained, and if I dont have a charvel bag, i will get you a nice gig bag regardless.

I replied with this...

According to Charvel, the guitar does come with a Gig bag, and strap locks (Dunlops, the strap lock buttons are on the guitar).
                    http://www.charvel.com/pdf/SD%20Style%202rev2.pdf
                    I do wish that it would have stated in the Auction that it was just the guitar only. I realize that I didn't pay the full list price. But I know of other people that have bought the new Charvels at the same price as what I paid, that did come with everything.

This was the answer I recieved back...

We shipped the guitars, the way they were received. We by no meanes would remove strap locks. I see the Green does not have them on it. I thought it was only the So Cal that came with them. As a dealer, you can buy items on discounts or deals, especially after the NAMM show, and sometimes the deal is because they have some things not inlcuded like a gig bag. Fender puts these out, and we get Fenders in without bags too. But like I said, i will take care of you, and see what I can get my hands on.

So I sent an email to Charvel, and asked them what was included with a Production Model... This is the reply I received from Ed Treat.

My records show that is comes with the wrenches and a gig bag.
                    Dunlop strap locks, and a Floyd Rose key holder.

So I forwarded that to Big Apple, and haven't heard back.

To answer your question, yes they where being sold at a really good price...
                    Quite a bit less than 999.00
                    So I can live without the accesories...

Don

Comment

Sweet guitar, in a really non-traditional sort-of way.

BTW, you got two answers from Charvel: Bionic works there.

Comment

Thanks Ken, I thought Bionic was an employee of Charvel
                        Don

Comment

Well, it sounds to me like they're full of shit. If it was a good enough deal, awesome. But it sounds like there's a bit of dishonesty there, and that's not awesome at all.

Why would FMIC/Charvel explode the guitars themselves? Were these NAMM guitars or something (unlikely, but in any case I guess floor models not new?).

I hate to get a big case of ass about this, and the lower $$$ can solve all problems, but they are BS'ing.......if I had to guess, they're selling the stuff separate, for whatever reason, and don't want to get a raft of shit from Fender for doing so.

Total speculation, of course, but Charvel's telling you it didn't happen the way BAM is saying it did.....

Having said all that, please PM me what they charged

Vass

Comment

PM sent Vass
                            Don

Comment

Originally posted by Bert K View Post
                              I love the little amp next to it.

i thought that looked like an electric heater :think:

Comment

Working...
                              X