Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are used SD Reissues w/V Trems going for nowadays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are used SD Reissues w/V Trems going for nowadays?

I'm thinking about picking up a used SD Reissue (the ones made in the early 2000s) w/a v-trem, either maple or rosewood board. What is the current market bearing for these? I'm not seeing any on eBay which is why I'm checking here.

Thanks in advance for your help.

don't know for sure but it seems like the last few I saw sold on ebay for $700-$800.

Comment

the last one sold for $455 IIRC red maple board v-trem, i was hoping to get it cheap enough to have it floyded. i was out bid by $5, & i was pissed.

Comment

Thanks for the replies folks. That gives me hope then. I want a v-trem SD for a non-locking guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
          the last one sold for $455 IIRC red maple board v-trem, i was hoping to get it cheap enough to have it floyded. i was out bid by $5, & i was pissed.
          Eh, I'll hit the 'bay if I have to but to be blunt, I'd rather buy a guitar through the boards here because I trust you folks more than anyone on eBay. I've bought both my Charvels from folks here and the transactions have been flawless.

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
            I was in at about $426 or so!:ROTF:

I have a red star that came with case for about $650 shipped...great guitar, they get no love at all though...$600 seems to be the price if you are patient...would prefer one of these than the new SD releases at $999!
            Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

I can be patient but at the same time, I don't like messing around either. When I find what I want, I want to buy it and get on with my life. I'm checking the 'bay half a dozen times a day. There's a new one on there now that's listed at $2099 (eh, I don't think so) or Best Offer.

I just don't want another guitar with an OFR but I do want a Charvel. I really wish they would offer US guitars like the current batch but without locking trems. I don't want a Jackson w/a tunamatic either. The string angle is not the best for me.
              Last edited by Matt_B; 02-03-2009, 10:14 AM.

Comment

??????!!!!!! I saw one white charvel star with a brass trem and a pointy bolt on neck with an ebony fretboard and a seymour duncan at the bridge. Apparently it is new and the guys from the shop want to sell it for 2000€. Is this guitar from an sd reissue? I want that guitar but this price is ridiculous.

Comment

Well where are you located, out of the USA can be a different ballgame b/c you are buying an "Import"
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Originally posted by RR05xx View Post
                    Well where are you located, out of the USA can be a different ballgame b/c you are buying an "Import"
                    Check underneath my avatar.

Comment

Ahh, er, thought it was pretty clear that I was replying to the post directly above mine and that aint a $ sign last I checked.
                      "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                      X