EVH Charvels (Art Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVH Charvels (Art Series)

I'm thinking about unloading my EVH AS guitars. What's everyone's thoughts?
    thanks,
    mike

Garbage - sell it cheap.

j/k

Seriously - I don't think these are going to command collector prices any time soon, so if you don't dig it - I wouldn't feel bad about letting it go.
    -------------------------
    Blank yo!

Comment

If you sell now, you'll definitely lose money. If you hold on to them you may eventually be able to break somewhat even. There are too many of these floating around to hold any serious value.
      You sir, can go you fuck yourself and don't let the door hit you in the vagina on the way out.
      You're such a pretencious, phony, boring, transparent, self righteous worthless fuck..You are amusing as a genital wart!
      --horns666 - 12/08/08

Hey, if those are fake tits..is fake titty fuggin' cheatin'? I say no!
      --horns666 - 12/29/08
      I think your dad jacked off in a flower pot and you were born a blooming idiot.
      --LouSiffer - 06/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
        Garbage - sell it cheap.

j/k

Seriously - I don't think these are going to command collector prices any time soon, so if you don't dig it - I wouldn't feel bad about letting it go.
        I don't know about that. They seem to be keeping some value. personally I have three; one of each color. 1. They're all excellent guitars and play great. 2. I don't think Charvel will do another batch of them any time soon. 3. Okay they made a lot of them but does anyone have a count? 4. Eddie Van Halen is like Hendrix....no matter what happens from 1984 on in; he'll always continue to gain fans -worldwide-. The only thing that might screw that up is if he goes OJ on somebodies ass, and even that might help his collectible-cred.

I think I paid around $1750/new for each of mine. Every now and then I check them on Ebay and they're going for $1600-used to $2400-newish. I'm sure the guitars will always be around but I also think that in 10 years, an EVH art series guitar in good condition will easily go for >$2600.

Comment

Which one do you have? I had a Red , White & Black. I thought it was one of the best playing & sounding guitars I have ever owned. It just wasn't very versitile only having 1 pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie_van_trailerpark View Post
            I don't know about that. They seem to be keeping some value. personally I have three; one of each color.
            thanks Bud, I do too - all three. It's just that I'm looking to acquire more recording gear, and haven't played these in some time....:think:

appreciate the pricing insights!
            mike

Comment

They are nice, but I could never get used to the feel of the neck compared to my Custom Shops or even my DeMartini. But... I'd pick one up if the price was low enough and hold on to it since the new EVH's are out.
              Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

I`m hanging on to my EVH Art, it has everything I ever wanted in a guitar. after all.. how could i not get one after gazing at the the back cover of VHII for hours at a time, At the time I was 13 and the chances of me owning a genuine Black n Yellow Charvel was just pure fantasy!
                Now I`m older with a bit more cash I could eventually get one (or at least a cool version of the original).

It plays great, that pickup sounds killer and ironicly it`s going in the studio
                this coming Friday for our second album..

I reckon this will eventually keep its value and more in in a decade or so.

Here`s my pride and joy

http://www.vendetta-theband.com/index.php
                www.vendetta-theband.com
                www.atomhawk.com

Comment

what i meant was i didn't tink the prices of these guitars will skyrocket any time soon, so if you sell today and have sellers remorse next year, you'll be able to get another one in the same price range.
                  -------------------------
                  Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by JediHalen View Post
                    I`m hanging on to my EVH Art, it has everything I ever wanted in a guitar. after all.. how could i not get one after gazing at the the back cover of VHII for hours at a time, At the time I was 13 and the chances of me owning a genuine Black n Yellow Charvel was just pure fantasy!
                    Now I`m older with a bit more cash I could eventually get one (or at least a cool version of the original).

It plays great, that pickup sounds killer and ironicly it`s going in the studio
                    this coming Friday for our second album..

I reckon this will eventually keep its value and more in in a decade or so.

Here`s my pride and joy

http://www.vendetta-theband.com/index.php
                    I agree with you, I don't think I could give up my Red/Black/White EVH Art Series either. Only reason I got that color combo is because I already have a parts mutt Black/Yellow EVH made out of a USA Jackson body with Charvel employee neck
                    I need a DiMartini next
                    Rudy
                    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie_van_trailerpark View Post
                      I don't know about that. They seem to be keeping some value. personally I have three; one of each color. 1. They're all excellent guitars and play great. 2. I don't think Charvel will do another batch of them any time soon. 3. Okay they made a lot of them but does anyone have a count? 4. Eddie Van Halen is like Hendrix....no matter what happens from 1984 on in; he'll always continue to gain fans -worldwide-. The only thing that might screw that up is if he goes OJ on somebodies ass, and even that might help his collectible-cred.

I think I paid around $1750/new for each of mine. Every now and then I check them on Ebay and they're going for $1600-used to $2400-newish. I'm sure the guitars will always be around but I also think that in 10 years, an EVH art series guitar in good condition will easily go for >$2600.

1. Agreed, but he all ready knows that.......

2. No, Charvel never will now that Ed has his own "brand" (even through Fender)

3.Yes, 500 of each striped job for 3 years= 4,500. Not even as many as the EVHMM......

4. Agreed, unless he "goes OJ on somebodys ass"..........
                      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Working...
                      X