NGD - Pagan Gold SoCal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - Pagan Gold SoCal

Couldn't pass this up at $700 barely used from Ebay. Sad I missed the Slime Green for the same price a week earlier

And I called this one right - when the first batch was shown, I knew the Pagan Gold would look great on the SoCal
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Mmmmmm datsa niiiiiiice!
    Congrats bro!
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Lucky bastard, that's a killer score. Congrats a zillion!
      Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Great score, Newc! And LOVE that color on the SoCal.

Comment

nice price and cool guitar. I was also bummed that I missed the slime green one they were selling.....hard to beat these for $699!!! Congrats...
          www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
          My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Guitars like this make we wish I liked Strats. It is just beautiful.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

That is my favorite color for a So Cal! Really unique, and looks great with the black pickguard! At that price, you can buy an SKB case, AND an OFR, and still be ahead!
              '09 Charvel San Dimas USA
              '85 Jackson Soloist w/Floyd
              '98 PRS Custom 22
              '10 Les Paul Traditional

Comment

super color, gold's always awesome, and they did a great one with all that flake.

now you just need a proper pickguard and you're set

wonder what a white pg would look like on that?
                the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Sometimes I think I may like this color on the SoCal better than CT.

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    super color, gold's always awesome, and they did a great one with all that flake.

now you just need a proper pickguard and you're set

wonder what a white pg would look like on that?

One thing to consider with pickguard swapping is Contrast: a lighter pickguard may or may not make the Gold appear lighter, or more vivid. It may be "too white", and actually make it look darker.

The pics make it look more vivid already, so adding a light pickguard will probably wash it out a bit.

It actually looks fleshtone when leaning against the box it came in.

Depending on the spot in the color spectrum the Gold resides in, a rosewood or ebony board with a black pickguard could make it look closer to brown, or it may have that LP Goldtop hue.

But, I'm happy with the black single-ply 'guard.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

That's a real handsome guitar, looks great just as it is!

Comment

nice score! these things are a bit addictive when they hit the used market or you do some wheeling and dealing and land them for good prices like that!

-Mike
                        www.DAvanzoGuitars.com

Comment

Nice grab Matt. You still have a Candy Tangerine as well don't you? If so, will you do a side by side photo of the two and post it? I'd really like to see how close or different the colors really are to each other.
                          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

they are very different. the CT is a rich lustruous orange flake. you won't mistake it for gold.
                            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X