zen ii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zen ii

As promised, here's the zen Charvel redo. I stripped the first graphic and repainted everything. I think the enso came out a whole lot better. It's just one stroke, which is how an enso should be. And even though I'm no expert calligrapher (sp?), I think the kanji looks pretty good. Opinions?

My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

I like it, I really do. What was the previous graphic?

Great job.
    Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

I think it is pretty cool too! Now what the hell is an enso?

Comment

I like that version MUCH better! Nice!

Comment

that is 100x better than your prior attempt

now lose that stupid thing on the headstock and you're set
          the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Cooler. Looks good except for around the toggle switch.
            -------------------------
            Blank yo!

Comment

I dig it. Red, white and black- rock and roll colors!

Comment

Does all of that writing say the same thing as the Warren Demartini "Frenchy" just in a different language??

Seriously, that looks awesome!!! You might want to trademark it.

Comment

Looks nice
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by skorb View Post
                    that is 100x better than your prior attempt

now lose that stupid thing on the headstock and you're set

Yeah, cuz you know, there's a limit to individuality around here
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thanks for the comments.

Yeah, I flubbed around the toggle switch because I put the guitar back together before the paint fully dried, and then I needed to move the toggle switch, which cracked some of the paint off. But to be honest, it adds a little character, so I'll just leave it the way it is.

That "stupid thing" on the headstock is a dragon pendant, which I like, so I'll keep it.

Enso - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enso

The writing comes from various martial arts I've trained in ... zen, chi (energy), nin (persaverance), t'ai chi, etc. A Japanese or Chinese person would probably find the writing laughable, but it looks good to me.
                      My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

looks like you got some of the red paint on the carpet there...
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Like it better than the first version. Thanks for posting.

Comment

Looks very cool... as you can see (above the 3 EVH's) im into your
                            Chi' ! (Paul Chen) :-))

Comment

You know, I really like it, too. What's cool with the red on the top is how you work it in between the two pickups. Sometimes, graphics are a little harder to do on a 2-H guitar but your design works quite well with the pickup layout.

Well done!
                              Takeoffs are optional but landings are mandatory.

Comment

Working...
                              X