Need help on info for usa jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help on info for usa jackson

Hi guys, proaxe here. Recently my nephew was bidding on a jackson zebra serial # 1052 on ebay. He used my name and back out of it and left me dealing with the seller. The seller is cool and seems honest. Has anyone seen this guitar on ebay a week ago? What do you think about it....Real, changed, or original? Just your thoughts. I am trying to pay for it now but also I wonder it it is real due to that I have not seeked any giutars out in 5 years. Thanks

Jeff

I am try to post the link. Never done it before. hope it works

True 1986 SAN DIMAS JACKSON Strat ZEBRA paint~Charvel Item number: 200271285783

Comment

Here's the link...
      http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ies%26_fvi%3D1

Looks legit, although the Floyd does appear to have been added later.
      Little pricey for a bolt-on though.
      -Rick

Comment

Yea, thats what I thought. I was wondering if you could route things out without messing up the paint job in the back of the body. I never seen a floyd route in the back of body with out paint before. That is weird!!

jeff
        Last edited by spaz; 11-14-2008, 08:26 PM.

Comment

OK, Actually what makes you think that a floyd was added? Was wondering if you are thinking the same as Me? thanks bro!!

Comment

The back route has no paint, and the nut lock has been secured using top screws, not the ones that go through the headstock which was the only way of fixing these on back in the day. Also, on any Jackson with a factory Floyd, the headstock should be just a little longer than usual, and will therefore accomodate a full size truss rod cover as well as the Floyd locking nut. That one is has been cut down, a sign that the guitar originally had a normal nut.

Comment

That guitar came with a Kahler trem the floyd was installed later.You see that a lot on these guiatrs.The no paint in the trem route is a dead give away.
              That neck has the scarf joint all the way to the nut so it had the regular nut with the after the nut string lock.The Floyd necks had a platform for the floyd nut and they were drilled thru the neck and screwed in from the back.The scarf joints on the floyd necks were about the second fret
              That looks like a legit SD Jackson due the electronics cavity its the smaller one and the made in USA under the Jackson logo.
              Thats a bit high for a modded SD Jackson. If it was an all original and unmolested one about right.
              Cool guitar none the less.If you don't like it shoot me a P.M.maybe I have something you want. I have tons of stuff.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Yeah, I think that Floyd was added later. The route just looks weird to me. Really slick guitar either way.

Edit: Holy Murphy, I have over a thousand posts!
                "Dear Dr. Bill,
                I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Hi guys, yea I sorta agree on what you said. I have looked very close to the floyd post and there are no covered up holes for a kahler and looks like it was originally there for a floyd. I really don't want it but my nephew got me into this mess. Don't want to mess up my rep on ebay. Maybe the seller will let me out plus don't have the $$$ anyway. Staycat what does P.M. mean? Yea also into picking a cool axe for myself first need to get out of this. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by spaz View Post
                    Hi guys, yea I sorta agree on what you said. I have looked very close to the floyd post and there are no covered up holes for a kahler and looks like it was originally there for a floyd. I really don't want it but my nephew got me into this mess. Don't want to mess up my rep on ebay. Maybe the seller will let me out plus don't have the $$$ anyway. Staycat what does P.M. mean? Yea also into picking a cool axe for myself first need to get out of this. Thanks
                    Why not just offer the seller to pay for the eBay fees?

Comment

Isn't (perhaps, was) the seller a member here? It's been quite some time for me around here and hardly recognize a lot of you guys, but that seller's name seems very familiar.

Cool guitar, but way high with that chunk! Probably double what it should have sold for, IMO, but again, it's been a while since I bought any axes.
                      Don't blame Congress or the President - blame yourselves. ~Newc

Comment

Not sure if he is a member but his name does look familier. He seems to be pretty cool. I did offer to pay the fees on ebay if they charge. Actually, I would not mind having the guitar but can't afford it right now but seemed that colt thought he could. I love that zebra stuff!

Comment

Working...
                        X