Quick question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question

I have two Jackson’s that I bought new in the mid 80’s and would like to get some idea of their current value.

1. Custom Strat #70 Pre-Soloist. Soloist body style, neck thru, dot inlays, neck binding, hum, single, single. Kahler trem, individual on/off mini switches for each pickup, mint condition.
    2. RR serial #605. White with black pin-striping. Excellent condition (two aft body points have small paint chips – nothing major).

If this is the wrong forum for this posting I apologize.

What is a pre-soloist?A pic would be a big help.The # being 0070 would make it pretty early.If it is neck thru its a soloist,bolt on neck would be a Dinky they shared the same general body shape.
    They used Kahler trems thru 1986.All jacksons of this time period were custom ordered guitars Jackson had no set in stone production line guitars at that time.
    Dot inlays with binding is kind of odd on a soloist but you could order them anyway you wanted.
    As far as value thats up to the individual as to what he's willing to pay.
    San Dimas Jacksons bring a higher price than the Ontario built ones.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've never heard of them referred to as pre-soloists, but if you look in the log books quite a few of the early Soloists were just referred to as "strat". They're still Soloists. As for value, best thing to do is search completed eBay auctions for San Dimas RRs & Soloists.

Early work order logs here:

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jackson-logbooks.htm

check 'em out & you'll see "strat" listed a lot when they're referring to soloists.

Here's the page w/ J0070:

http://audiozone.dk/CatalogScans/J00...J0037-0072.jpg
      Last edited by dg; 11-10-2008, 03:21 PM.

Comment

pre-soloist

Prior to a serial number #J0158 the soloist style guitars (neck thru with the modified strat body shape) were listed as "Strat" (http://zeus.lunarpages.com/~jimshi2/...0037-J0072.jpg). Therefore pre-soloist. On the value I am just looking for a ball park. I wanted to get a feel for what the value of early Jackson's like these are. I'll get a pic up this evening. Thanks for the reply.

Comment

Does the Rhoads have sharkfin inlays, binding and string thru bridge?

Also the soloist I would say would be worth around a 1000 dollars. That is without seeing a picture of it or anything first. Dots and Kahlers dont bring as much money to the table.

I wanted to add since it is such a low serial number soloist I can possibly see it fetching 1500 but the economy is very soft right now.

Comment

I think the Soloist (sorry, pre-soloist) would bring quite a bit more than $1k, being such an early one, but the only way to know would be to list it & find out. Looking forward to pics!

Comment

Pics of the "strat"
              http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ckfrontqj2.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jacksnnt5.jpg

http://img243.imageshack.us/my.php?i...ackbackli5.jpg

RR has shark inlays, binding, and a floyd. Black hardware. No pics readily available. Will snap some and post tomorrow.

Comment

Gorgeous! I love that shade of blue. Very cool to see binding + dots, too. Looking forward to pics of the Rhoads. That one could be worth some serious money.

Also, a belated welcome to the JCF!

Comment

Originally posted by dg View Post
                  Gorgeous! I love that shade of blue. Very cool to see binding + dots, too. Looking forward to pics of the Rhoads. That one could be worth some serious money.

Also, a belated welcome to the JCF!
                  +1

Comment

Now that I saw pics of the strat I would say its an easy 1500 dollars.

That RR should be able to fetch close to 2000. I know it would sell like a hot cake at 1500.

Comment

Originally posted by AK47 View Post
                      Now that I saw pics of the strat I would say its an easy 1500 dollars.

That RR should be able to fetch close to 2000. I know it would sell like a hot cake at 1500.
                      *** Hopefully in 2 years, they are worth 30% more though...economy
                      is flat, for selling...great for buying!

Comment

True the market now is down. Holding on to these guitars would be the right thing to do.The "strat" does match the log being silver blue metallic.Just the fact it is an early "documented" SD guitar that would command a higher price tag IMO.
                        I agree on the $2000.00 range on the RR.
                        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I owned 0478 which was an Ivory Soloist Student with Kahler, 2 singles, 1 Humbucker.

I owned 1001 which was Soloist CustomFerrari Red, 2s, 1H, Kahler.

I owned one of the first Archtop Soloists. 2s, 1H, Floyd.

I now on an '86 or '87 Soloist Custom. 2s, 1h, Kahler. No serial number as it's an endorsee piece. It had Jackson pickups but I tossed those as far as possible. It has Bare Knuckles pickups now.

Liquid value depends on who is interested and if they have any money at the time you wish to sell.
                          Last edited by 1fastdog; 11-11-2008, 11:24 PM.

Comment

That RR is absolutely godly!

"Dear Dr. Bill,
                            I work with a woman who is about 5 feet tall and weighs close to 450 pounds and has more facial hair than ZZ Top." - Jack The Riffer

"OK, we can both have Ben..joint custody. I'll have him on the weekends. We could go out in my Cobra and give people the finger..weather permitting of course.." -Bill Z. Bub

Comment

Working...
                            X