Shit!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shit!!!

i was looking at a couple of places because i wanted to get a new SL2H. when did these get SOOOOO expensive? i was looking at a black ghost flame sl2h at vwall - that thing cost more than my solar PC-1 that i bought new in '01.

my other black ghost flame sl2h was $1299 when i bought it...i know about MAP and all that crap, but FUCK - these guitars are great, but they aren't worth all being up over the $2000 price point.

even my holoflake sl-1 only cost about $1500 after the first price increase....

i guess i am buying second hand from now on
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

ADMIN EDIT: Do not post your own auctions on this forum.
    Last edited by toejam; 11-05-2008, 07:12 PM. Reason: !?!

Comment

thanks but i am looking for a black ghost flame.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

Originally posted by bbake1 View Post
        I have a mint _______________ on ebay for $1450.00 if interested.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

hmm, whats wrong w/ used stuff?
          i bought all my stuff used, mainly cuz i dont really care abt cosmetic stuff, and as long as everything is fine, then it IS fine.beside, i usually got em for half the price of a new one.
          Own:
          '93 Rhoads PRO, '92 Fusion Ex, '90 Soloist PRO:, Zoom GFX-5 + moar shitty pedals, Marshall mg15 DFX

Dreamin abt:
          w/e catches my eyes ATM
          More '90 Professionals

Comment

oh, nothing wrong with used stuff at all. i am just picky about condition, i have giged heavily with my sparkly soloist for over a year and there are NO dings or scratches at all....my PC-1's were giged heavily for two years straight and are almost immaculate - i just take really good care of my stuff and when i drop a serious amount of cash, i want something that is gonna be in excellent shape.

it's hard to explain because gig guitars can and do get beat up sometimes. my band plays around 150 shows a year and we travel, but i have managed to keep mt gear in excellent shape...

i don't know. it's hard to explain...
            GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

All of my guitars are in mint shape. That's a bad thing for Gibsons

Comment

Mark, all dealers are required to advertise the same MAP price.
                A I read you are aware of...

But-
                Map price does not constitute a best deal price.
                If you are still after the SL2H BKGF, drop me a call or email.
                Im sure I can make you happy.

281 859 6000
                281 794 9147
                [email protected]

Comment

I have purchased two guitars from Scott @ Vwall. You won't be disappointed with his service and communication should you go that route. Incidentally, I live in Florida and had no problem dealing with him in Texas.

Comment

Don't feel bad in 1985 I paid around $1700 for my Soloist and had to wait 6 months+ to get it.

Comment

Both my USA Jacksons were bought used. Provided the condition is mint, I'm happy to spend upto £1k unless it's a Custom Shop. The recent hike of the £ vs. the $ ruined my chances of getting a CS, so it'll take me twice as long to get the funds together.
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                      X