Custom Shop Quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Shop Quote

I know it has been 8 years since I got my first custom shop king v, but I have been trying to hammer out my new quote for a month and Jackson is taking for ever.

I told them I want a Mahogany (3 piece neck) KV1 natural finish, with string thru body, EMGs, Sperzel Locking Tuners, no battery box, flushmount strap locks.

They send me an order sheet with 22 frets, gunstock oiled neck, natural headstock with Pearl Logo (how ugly) and they are not specific about the other options (reversed volumes, string thru ferrule layout, controls layout.)

I am still waiting to sign off to get this thing started. If I wasn't so attached to Jackson, I would have gone to ESP already.

Anyone have an issue like this?
    Jeff Smeltz

ESP are just as bad at getting quotes back.

It took them a month to get me my sign off sheet on my current order. Be patient. They'll get to it.

EDIT: I also had to request via email through my dealer that they add specific instructions to the order sheet so it was documented. I sent in a photoshopped picture of the way I wanted the control layout and wiring done. The order specifies "see attached for placement".

I can always get the controls re-wired later if they do it incorrectly. The important thing is they drill everything where it needs to be.
    Last edited by Brian; 11-04-2008, 06:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by customshopkv1 View Post
      I know it has been 8 years since I got my first custom shop king v, but I have been trying to hammer out my new quote for a month and Jackson is taking for ever.

I told them I want a Mahogany (3 piece neck) KV1 natural finish, with string thru body, EMGs, Sperzel Locking Tuners, no battery box, flushmount strap locks.

They send me an order sheet with 22 frets, gunstock oiled neck, natural headstock with Pearl Logo (how ugly) and they are not specific about the other options (reversed volumes, string thru ferrule layout, controls layout.)

I am still waiting to sign off to get this thing started. If I wasn't so attached to Jackson, I would have gone to ESP already.

Anyone have an issue like this?

They actually made my King V with a gunstock oil finish. I would have never in a million years spec'd that. I lost my 700 dollar deposit because I was unable to prove that it was not on the form I submitted.

Comment

I know Mustaine and Jackson parted ways, but when I ask for a guitar based on the KV1 why do they ignore it. Are they trying to piss off their customers. This is a lot of money for a guitar and it sure as hell better be right or someone is gonna get their ass beat.
        Jeff Smeltz

Comment

I know Mustaine and Jackson parted ways, but when I ask for a guitar based on the KV1 why do they ignore it. Are they trying to piss off their customers. This is a lot of money for a guitar and it sure as hell better be right or someone is gonna get their ass beat.
          Probably because the term "KV1" = Mustaine Signature model.

There's also the fact that the KV1 came with LSR tuners, and they're out of business.

Since you're getting a string-thru setup anyway you're better off just saying it's a KV2 with a string-thru. That way there is no Mustaine association at all on your work order even tho it's basically the same exact guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            Probably because the term "KV1" = Mustaine Signature model.

There's also the fact that the KV1 came with LSR tuners, and they're out of business.

Since you're getting a string-thru setup anyway you're better off just saying it's a KV2 with a string-thru. That way there is no Mustaine association at all on your work order even tho it's basically the same exact guitar.
            That's a good idea, i'll do that. Thanks
            Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Not all of the KV1s came with LSRs. The later models had regular Jackson tuners.
              And LSR is supposedly back in business and coming out with a new and improved tuner anyway.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Not all of the KV1s came with LSRs. The later models had regular Jackson tuners.
                And LSR is supposedly back in business and coming out with a new and improved tuner anyway.
                Towards the end of the KV1 run around 2000 there were some that came with the regular Jackson tuning heads. However, most of them came with LSR tuners. Just like there were some when the line first started that were made with poplar wings with jumbo fretwire, the vast majority of them were alder with medium fretwire. I'm just going by what is typically associated with the "KV1" model.

Whether or not LSR is back in business today, requesting a KV1 was grounds for an order being denied as recently as 2 months ago according to two different dealers I spoke with partially due to being unable to get the tuners.

Comment

Towards the end of the KV1 run around 2000 there were some that came with the regular Jackson tuning heads. However, most of them came with LSR tuners. Just like there were some when the line first started that were made with poplar wings with jumbo fretwire, the vast majority of them were alder with medium fretwire. I'm just going by what is typically associated with the "KV1" model.

Whether or not LSR is back in business today, requesting a KV1 was grounds for an order being denied as recently as 2 months ago according to two different dealers I spoke with partially due to being unable to get the tuners.
                  Wow that is an excellent way to conduct business. Turn down business cause you don't like someone. Jackasses
                  Jeff Smeltz

Comment

Wow that is an excellent way to conduct business. Turn down business cause you don't like someone. Jackasses
                    That's not it at all.

While Mustaine doesn't technically have any ownership of the "KV1" that model IS associated with his name. Fender/Jackson would rather just avoid any potential legal hassle Mustaine might kick up over them producing models based off his signature model.

It may seem silly, but that was the impression I got.

You can still get a KV with a Kahler. If what Toejam says is correct about LSR being back in business, you should also be able to get a KV with LSR tuners.

Just don't ask for a "KV1." Spec it out instead. You have to spec it out anyway, so there's no point in even mentioning anything in regards to former endorsees signature model.

Comment

Just don't ask for a "KV1." Spec it out instead. You have to spec it out anyway, so there's no point in even mentioning anything in regards to former endorsees signature model.
                      Don't forget to ask for a "Dave Mustaine" sig on the headstock!

Comment

I'd like to see the production numbers of KV-1s with LSRs versus the ones with regular tuners. Of the ones I see for sale, I'd say it's about 50/50. Of course a few of those might have been switched to regular tuners when the LSRs crapped out I suppose. Mine is a mid-run KV-1 and it had regular tuners. Personally, I think the LSRs look stupid anyway.
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

We have a lot of KV1 talk here. This should be a sign for Jackson :idea:

Comment

Working...
                          X