Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would my 91' Soloist(Sl1) have had a JE-1500, or JE-1200?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would my 91' Soloist(Sl1) have had a JE-1500, or JE-1200?

My favorite setup to this day was my 91" Soloist(that was stolen) with an EMG 81 in the bridge! Though I never knew if it had a JE-1500, or JE-1200 or what as the stock preamp/boost?? Any suggestions?? How much different do they sound??
    I love admins!

Production Soloists were equipped with the JE-1200 mid boost circuit. (Customs could have had anything, in fact I had a Soloist with the JE-1500 in it) The JE-1500 was used in the Production Fusion. It was an envelope filter, sort of like a wah with fixed settings.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Ah so you say a JE-1200 then. Were there any other boost circuits used in those days?
      I love admins!

Comment

The JE-1000.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
          The JE-1000.
          What or how much difference is there between the JE-1000, and the JE-1200??
          I love admins!

Comment

One had a trim pot on the board, the other didn't.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I thought one (JE-1200 or JE-1000) was a mid boost, and the other was just a boost?

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                One had a trim pot on the board, the other didn't.
                Trim pot??
                I love admins!

Comment

yeah the midboost had a control/trim pot connected to the board. the other was just a switch....if i remember correctly.

Comment

The JE-1000 was a straight boost it had a trim pot to adjust output,and also had a DIMM switch with 3 three position switches, kind of like a three band EQ with 3 settings on each band, very cool.
                    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Working...
                    X