new amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new amp

well, pulled the trigger on a custom amp yesterday. it is now being built. should be done in about 2 weeks. cant wait!!!

neat!!
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Sounds cool. Care to share some details?

I have a custom made copy of a Marshall 2203. My girfriend's brother built it for me. Point to point, best of everything.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

its made by my fiance's boss's husband. guy here in houston named Cliff Chappell. its a 2 w studio version, that is really as loud and clear as a 5-10 w amp. im still deciding on tubes to put in it, and ill probablly either be putting a Celestion Blue or celestion Greenback speaker on it.
        here is a pic of the cabinets

and the full specs are right here
        http://chappellamps.com/amplifiers/october/october.html
        Last edited by cmh2007; 10-31-2008, 05:26 PM.

Comment

congrats, but i much prefer "the hines stack" finish on the same page thats on, very classy.

Comment

Originally posted by petez0r View Post
            congrats, but i much prefer "the hines stack" finish on the same page thats on, very classy.
            oh, me too. but my checkbook didnt. and for 800 plus the price of the speaker, cant really complain for something hand built that sounds like a million dollars. and he already had this cabinet set built so its just build the board and drop it in and away we go. for custom work his prices aint bad. just for grins i played on his 50w and it brought the neighbors out from about 4 doors down:ROTF:

Comment

Building a Marshall 18 watt this winter with Merc Mag Transformers. Custom is sweet!
              www.JerryRobison.com
              '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

well, this guy can build you a cabinet for it. it could look really good

Comment

well, update time...he has the speaker cabinet wired up, and the faceplate is done (lettering on and laquered) and he has started the build of the circuit board. hopefully it will be done by mid week, or prior to the weekend.

Comment

The one I built is close, except it is the Single Ended Lead design.
                    Much more gain, and solid state rectifier.
                    The 6SN7 is a very nice sounding power tube.

Congrats, that amp should sound outstanding!

Comment

I love the color you chose. It goes really well with the wood front of the head.
                      Scott

Comment

Did you go with pine or plywood? I hear that pine sounds very good, but have never tried a pine cab.
                        www.JerryRobison.com
                        '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                          The one I built is close, except it is the Single Ended Lead design.
                          Much more gain, and solid state rectifier.
                          The 6SN7 is a very nice sounding power tube.

Congrats, that amp should sound outstanding!
                          if it sounds anything like the one i played when i was shopping (identical guts different speaker) it will sound absolutely killer

Comment

Originally posted by Spivonious View Post
                            I love the color you chose. It goes really well with the wood front of the head.
                            actually, he had the cab built before i met him, somebody ordered one, and then decided they wanted a maple cab stained. so he cut me a little deal on the cab

Originally posted by Partial @ Marshall
                            Did you go with pine or plywood? I hear that pine sounds very good, but have never tried a pine cab.
                            Actually its pine.

Comment

^^^SWEET! Let us know how you like it.
                              www.JerryRobison.com

Comment

Working...
                              X