New Carvin Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Carvin Legacy

I went nuts last week and bought a new Carvin Legacy head and a new Randall RM100 with 3 modules. I unpacked 'em over the weekend and hooked em up to my G-flex 2x12. I have only spent about 15 min total playing through both of them so it's a bit early for a review.

My first impression with Legacy is that it sounds similar to a Carvin X amp. Now keep in mind it's been many years since I played through an X amp and my memory is not what it used to be. For some reason the first time I plug into an amp my mind tries to comapir it to something I've heard before and the X amp is what popped into my head. Now it seams to have more gain and maybe more bottom end than the X. The latter may be related to the cab I was playing it through.

Hopefully over the next week or two I will get some free time to sit down with the amps and dial in different toned to see what they can do.

Very cool..

How "plug-and-play" is the Legacy head so far? I've heard it can take some tweaking to get the right tones out of it?

Comment

With the limited time I have spent with it, it seems user friendly... put a few more minutes on it tonight and its really sounding good to me... I hope I can fiddle with it more this weekend and open it up a bit more.

Comment

Working...
      X