Headstock problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headstock problem

Hello Guys, I have just noticed a strange thing on the headstock of my Rhoads:

I don't have a clue of what it is, it's not dust obviously and it seems to be UNDER the finish of the headstock... and the guitar is one year old (it's my first CS order).
    Any idea??
    Thanks!!
    Light Lies Trailer
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQC1CvcNQ6g

Six-Point Lead
    www.youtube.com/sixpointlead

www.myspace.com/sixpointlead

Well, the picture is a tad grainy, but I'd say that if it's under the finish, it's most likely the clear lifting. My guess
    Its all fun and games till you get yogurt in your eye.; -AK47
    Guitar is my first love, metal my second (wife...ehh she's in there somewhere). -Partial @ Marshall

Comment

Just noticed? Was it there when you bought it? You should've sent it back to be refinished. Now it's over a year old, it'll cost you to sort it, unless Jackson are happy to do it for free. I recently learned to inspect everything upon receipt.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yes, I checked the pics I took last year and this 'thing' wasn't there.
        Light Lies Trailer

Six-Point Lead

Comment

Looks like the clear coat is lifting. I've seen this on several Jackson/Charvels. Not sure what causes that but I would contact your dealer/servoce center and see about getting it repaired if it bothers you. Should be warranty work.

Comment

This was very common on the Charvel pointies from around '05 - '06. There was some kind of adhesion problem with the clearcoat. The bottom edge of the headstock is the most common spot for it to show up. It's not always noticeable at first, and it gets worse over time. They should know all about the issue and take care of it for you under warranty. If your nearest service center blows you off, keep pushing until they do the right thing.

Comment

Yeah, it seems common, but usually on guitars with oiled necks i.e. the 'edge' of the clear lifts. I don't recall seeing it on a painted neck before...
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

I don't think it's so common, I mean, I have seen tons of times pics of clearcoat lifting off, but this is a little different: you can't feel it's lifting, and what you see in the red circle in the pic is actually 'metallic', it's not flat... it's like some of the pearl felt off the logo ...
                Light Lies Trailer

Six-Point Lead

Comment

Working...
                X